Tottenham Hotspur v AC Milan

Damocles said:
lee-mcfc said:
no he isn't and seedorf isn't shite he played good

So what? Gary Neville plays well sometimes.

As I've mentioned about 4 billion times in the past, I watch Milan as much as I watch City; go and ask Milan fans what they think of Seedorf, he's been crap for years and they can't wait to get rid.

Regarding Ibra:

Awards and honours

Ajax
Eredivisie: 2001–02, 2003–04
KNVB Cup: 2001–02
Johan Cruijff Shield: 2003

Internazionale
Serie A: 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09
Supercoppa Italiana: 2006, 2008

Barcelona
La Liga: 2009–10
Supercopa de España: 2009, 2010
UEFA Super Cup: 2009
FIFA Club World Cup: 2009

Individual
Serie A Top Scorer: 2009
Serie A Foreign Footballer of the Year: 2005, 2008, 2009
Serie A Footballer of the Year: 2008, 2009
Guldbollen (The Golden Ball): 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
UEFA Team of the Year: 2007, 2009
Swedish Male Athlete of the Year: 2007, 2010
Jerringpriset: 2007

Also has a 1 in 2 goal record across his whole career. There's a simple truth about Ibra; if you buy him you win the league. It's purely that simple.

and if you buy him you don't win the champions league, swings and roundabouts...

I find you more irrational and bemusing by the day if I may say Damo.

Dunno about Schalke, but I think Shakhtar could beat Spurs. Don't let their 6-0 loss to Arsenal mislead, they are a very good side who finished above Arsenal in their group (dooming Arsenal to Barcelona), beat Arsenal in the return fixture, and play well as a team.

Pigeonho said:
City Raider said:
agreed but let's not let the arsenal game be the rule instead of the exception - which it was
Granted, but there are games we should have took the shackles off this season, but we didn't.
And (very recently) games where Tottenham should have been more cautious... even a game or two where we were too open (Arsenal H).

I've no problems acknowledging Spurs achievements; I didn't think they'd get through, and they did...didn't think they'd come back in the league after Christmas and they did. It's a great result from a resilient team, but if tonight was a good performance then I'll be damned; Robinho missed two open goals and Spurs barely managed a shot.

Having watched an unhealthy number of their games, I'm pretty sure they aren't playing better than us overall. Their 'great football' comes in fits and starts just like ours. The difference is probably that on a bad day we concede one or two, Spurs concede three, four. When we take a lead we tend to do so early and either increase it, or wind the game down; Spurs rarely score first and mount more comebacks. The latter is more exciting to watch but it's hardly 'better' football.

The reason they are smiling is because there is no expectation. Harry can jetisson the FA cup and no-one minds. We're on a different path. If next year we do what they have done this year in the CL, no-one outside the club will give us any credit. It'd be a shame if our own fans took it for granted, as we seem to be doing with everything we've done so far this year.

I remember how much the Arse fans laughed in face I thought to myself Defoe you silly tit

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/837307-jermain-defoe-spurs-will-go-further-than-arsenal-in-champions-league" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/8 ... ons-league</a>

To be fair Damocles, if i watched anymore football I wouldn't have time to do anything else!

Secondly, Ibra is not the best striker in the world. I am sorry but he just isn't. You obviously watch Milan more than I do but as I have said he has undoubted ability but he failed at Barca and can't be mentioned in the same breath as Villa, Tevez, Higuain, ect.

Thirdly, if Milan fans say Seedorf has been poor for two years then fair enough but I am saying, for a man that has won the champs league three times, and is now in his thirties, he controlled the Milans midfield tonight with class and showed again what a great player he is.

Blue_Times said:
I think Seedorf and Nesta are brilliant. Seedorf espcially, at his age, still shows class.

Ibrahimovich perennially seems to underachieve. I have watched him before and he has undoubted bags of talent. But, everytime I watch him against an English side, he looks rubbish frankly.

Robinho is still the same player we all saw- great control, flair, passing ability, movement, but ultimately when a team needs him most, he doesn't stand up and goes missing.

Peter Crouch- For his size, he can't head a ball to save his life.

Well done spurs- quater final in this competition is a great achievement.

Robinho and Seedorf were their best players tonight but since he pissed us off lets all slag him off regardless.

Damocles said:
lee-mcfc said:
no he isn't and seedorf isn't shite he played good

So what? Gary Neville plays well sometimes.

As I've mentioned about 4 billion times in the past, I watch Milan as much as I watch City; go and ask Milan fans what they think of Seedorf, he's been crap for years and they can't wait to get rid.

Regarding Ibra:

Awards and honours

Ajax
Eredivisie: 2001–02, 2003–04
KNVB Cup: 2001–02
Johan Cruijff Shield: 2003

Internazionale
Serie A: 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09
Supercoppa Italiana: 2006, 2008

Barcelona
La Liga: 2009–10
Supercopa de España: 2009, 2010
UEFA Super Cup: 2009
FIFA Club World Cup: 2009

Individual
Serie A Top Scorer: 2009
Serie A Foreign Footballer of the Year: 2005, 2008, 2009
Serie A Footballer of the Year: 2008, 2009
Guldbollen (The Golden Ball): 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
UEFA Team of the Year: 2007, 2009
Swedish Male Athlete of the Year: 2007, 2010
Jerringpriset: 2007

Also has a 1 in 2 goal record across his whole career. There's a simple truth about Ibra; if you buy him you win the league. It's purely that simple.
yeah great record and all that but everytime iv watched him he hasn't played well atall...best striker in the world? ooook then

Spurs fan in peace said:
I remember how much the Arse fans laughed in face I thought to myself Defoe you silly tit

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/837307-jermain-defoe-spurs-will-go-further-than-arsenal-in-champions-league" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/8 ... ons-league</a>

well done spurs

can we have bale and we`ll give you jo

Ibhra was terrible in Both games - lethargic gave away possession didnt run for the team at all, they might as well have played John Carew up front

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.