Tottenham Hotspur v AC Milan

Crouchinho said:
Not bad for a team with one of the worst defences in the league.

Spurs deserve to go through

6th best defence out of the 20 teams in the Premier League, but please don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.

Great performance by Spurs tonight.

And unless I'm very much mistaken, Harry Redknapp has just become the first English manager to lead a team into the UEFA Champions League Quarter Finals.

LEVY IS LAUGHING ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK!!!

<a class="postlink" href="http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/duncanwhite/100015637/tottenham-v-milan-what-the-champions-league-cash-means-to-spurs/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/dunc ... -to-spurs/</a>

Pigeonho said:
Don't really see how people are slating Spurs. When was the last time we had wingers bombing it down the wing, yet managed to play defensively too? When we park the bus we park a fucking aeroplane, like at Arsenal. That deserves a slating to be honest. You can't play people like Aaron Lennon and be mega defensive though. They were grinding, yes, but they also had breaks with the ball. We don't seem to do that even against teams when we should, so all in all credit to Spurs.

agreed but let's not let the arsenal game be the rule instead of the exception - which it was

City Raider said:
Pigeonho said:
Don't really see how people are slating Spurs. When was the last time we had wingers bombing it down the wing, yet managed to play defensively too? When we park the bus we park a fucking aeroplane, like at Arsenal. That deserves a slating to be honest. You can't play people like Aaron Lennon and be mega defensive though. They were grinding, yes, but they also had breaks with the ball. We don't seem to do that even against teams when we should, so all in all credit to Spurs.

agreed but let's not let the arsenal game be the rule instead of the exception - which it was
Granted, but there are games we should have took the shackles off this season, but we didn't.

I think Seedorf and Nesta are brilliant. Seedorf espcially, at his age, still shows class.

Ibrahimovich perennially seems to underachieve. I have watched him before and he has undoubted bags of talent. But, everytime I watch him against an English side, he looks rubbish frankly.

Robinho is still the same player we all saw- great control, flair, passing ability, movement, but ultimately when a team needs him most, he doesn't stand up and goes missing.

Peter Crouch- For his size, he can't head a ball to save his life.

Well done spurs- quater final in this competition is a great achievement.

OMG can u imagine if Spurs get Schalke or Shakhtar? I think they could beat them. And if Spurs get Man U or Chelsea, I think they could beat them also considering their European form.

We should be happy for 'Arry though. Great to see an Englishman being successful.

Blue_Times said:
I think Seedorf and Nesta are brilliant. Seedorf espcially, at his age, still shows class.

Seedorf is shite, and has been shite for a good two years now.

Ibrahimovich perennially seems to underachieve. I have watched him before and he has undoubted bags of talent. But, everytime I watch him against an English side, he looks rubbish frankly.

Ibra is the best striker in the world. I wouldn't call winning the league every single year since he was 16 as underachieving. Watch more football.

Robinho is still the same player we all saw- great control, flair, passing ability, movement, but ultimately when a team needs him most, he doesn't stand up and goes missing.

Agree with the rest of it.

Damocles said:
Blue_Times said:

Ibra is the best striker in the world. I wouldn't call winning the league every single year since he was 16 as underachieving. Watch more football.

With all respect Damocles, and I do respect you, stick to science. Ibrahimovich the best striker in the world?!

Damocles said:
Blue_Times said:

no he isn't and seedorf isn't shite he played good

lee-mcfc said:
no he isn't and seedorf isn't shite he played good

So what? Gary Neville plays well sometimes.

As I've mentioned about 4 billion times in the past, I watch Milan as much as I watch City; go and ask Milan fans what they think of Seedorf, he's been crap for years and they can't wait to get rid.

Regarding Ibra:

Awards and honours

Ajax
Eredivisie: 2001–02, 2003–04
KNVB Cup: 2001–02
Johan Cruijff Shield: 2003

Internazionale
Serie A: 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09
Supercoppa Italiana: 2006, 2008

Barcelona
La Liga: 2009–10
Supercopa de España: 2009, 2010
UEFA Super Cup: 2009
FIFA Club World Cup: 2009

Individual
Serie A Top Scorer: 2009
Serie A Foreign Footballer of the Year: 2005, 2008, 2009
Serie A Footballer of the Year: 2008, 2009
Guldbollen (The Golden Ball): 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
UEFA Team of the Year: 2007, 2009
Swedish Male Athlete of the Year: 2007, 2010
Jerringpriset: 2007

Also has a 1 in 2 goal record across his whole career. There's a simple truth about Ibra; if you buy him you win the league. It's purely that simple.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.