Tottenham | Post-Match Thread | 4 League Cups In A Row!

Our game has changed from trying to outscore the opposition, as in you score 4 we'll score 5, to having a secure defence with a patient attritional possession designed to wear down the opposition not just physically but also mentally. Having an out and out striker who doesn't contribute to the possession and build up play but converts a higher percentage of chances isn't going to happen any time soon. All our players are ball players that score goals and that is how Pep likes them. I don't think he is going to sacrifice a place to an out and out goalscorer to the detriment of the possession.
Maybe if a better finishing version of Jesus came along that would be the ideal player.
As for entertainment, their is no better entertainment in football than winning football matches.
All IMHO of course.
Totally agree with this analysis. I haven’t seen it commented on but it’s remarkable as this season has gone on, how many games we’ve won in the last 10-15 minutes through that solidity, belief and patience. The odd one slips by like Leeds but 9/10 we find a way to win the game, often by the odd goal. We’ve come from behind several times too in this way.

It is surely between our Ruben and our Gundog for Player of the Year, although we all know it will probably go to some rag or some dipper.

Don’t be surprised if “Our ‘Arry” gets the nod.

- Top goalscorer in Premier League
- Top assists in Premier League
- Captain of England Team
- England going into Euros

Script almost writes itself, especially given he’s been in a team that has struggled to achieve anything.

YPOTY has to be between Dias & Foden, with Foden winning it!

Majestic, particularly first half. Barely ever in danger. Really good response since the Chelsea game. Spurs were utterly demoralised after about 20 minutes; they didn’t know how to stop us.

No controversy at all. Spurs got a free hit and we got a free hit. The referee clearly communicated this to the players; you’ve both had one of those, next one’s a booking. If the ‘commentary’ team can’t see and understand what’s in front of them then I can only conclude that they are stupid. I feel sorry for them. If they don’t get any joy from watching some of the best football ever seen in this country (or anywhere else) they should maybe try another profession. Undertakers, perhaps?

Does anyone else get the feeling, every time the camera picks out Sergio on the sidelines, that there’s one more very important goal left in him…

Just rewatching the game and no way was Laporte's supposed yellow a yellow especially in comparison to the foul by Reguilon on Foden that should have been a yellow and wasn't a yellow. Good fellow.

I'd throw in Mason Mount to the mix for young player.
If Chelsea were to win FA Cup and Champions league, it would be a tight call.
Lots of good young players but Foden and Mount are peaking at the moment
Good call.

Saka will be on the list, too.

Fine player, but do we need him?
Son? I think we are swayed by his performance against us earlier on this season. I looked at the Cup Final thread in one of the Spurs forums, and the consensus there is that Son has gone right off the boil these last few months.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.