Tottenham | Post-Match Thread | 4 League Cups In A Row!

My two favourite shots of the post-match celebrations are the one of Sergio and Dinho - the only two six-times winners, and the one of the four Englishmen, each with four fingers held out.23900D69-D2BE-4E54-969C-CC01AFCC7676.jpeg

Our game has changed from trying to outscore the opposition, as in you score 4 we'll score 5, to having a secure defence with a patient attritional possession designed to wear down the opposition not just physically but also mentally. Having an out and out striker who doesn't contribute to the possession and build up play but converts a higher percentage of chances isn't going to happen any time soon. All our players are ball players that score goals and that is how Pep likes them. I don't think he is going to sacrifice a place to an out and out goalscorer to the detriment of the possession.
Maybe if a better finishing version of Jesus came along that would be the ideal player.
As for entertainment, their is no better entertainment in football than winning football matches.
All IMHO of course.
I think on balance you’re probably right. The only counter argument I could offer is that Haaland for example is so lethal that his presence alone will create more space for our artists to weave their magic thereby making up for a little less fluency in possession. More importantly i think Pep shares your thought process and so I doubt we’ll see any big money striker arriving anytime soon.

I think on balance you’re probably right. The only counter argument I could offer is that Haaland for example is so lethal that his presence alone will create more space for our artists to weave their magic thereby making up for a little less fluency in possession. More importantly i think Pep shares your thought process and so I doubt we’ll see any big money striker arriving anytime soon.
We already have more than one way to play. Having a striker worthy of the team will only add to those options.

We already have more than one way to play. Having a striker worthy of the team will only add to those options.
Don’t get me wrong I’d love us to sign Haaland but the proof of the pudding’s in the eating and regardless of the outcome of the CL sf Pep has shown that playing with pretty much 8 midfielders is the best way to go. Maybe there’s an argument for him to reinvent our style again to make us even deadlier but I think that change will only come on the back of a disappointing season. He’s found the blueprint now and I think he’ll stick with it until circumstances change.

Don’t get me wrong I’d love us to sign Haaland but the proof of the pudding’s in the eating and regardless of the outcome of the CL sf Pep has shown that playing with pretty much 8 midfielders is the best way to go. Maybe there’s an argument for him to reinvent our style again to make us even deadlier but I think that change will only come on the back of a disappointing season. He’s found the blueprint now and I think he’ll stick with it until circumstances change.
Or conversely, the reason we are sometimes playing without a striker is because the ones we have available aren’t up to the job. Sergio because of age/injuries and Jesus because he has failed to kick on. Not a chance Pep snookers himself into one rigid style of play and one less weapon at his disposal, especially when circumstances will allow him to replace Sergio thus summer

Son? I think we are swayed by his performance against us earlier on this season. I looked at the Cup Final thread in one of the Spurs forums, and the consensus there is that Son has gone right off the boil these last few months.
I think he is a very good player, despite a drop in form which is probably temporary. But we need a genuine striker whereas he is a second forward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.