Tottenham | Post-Match Thread | 4 League Cups In A Row!

Anyone got the shot of Tommy Doyle holding up the cup. Not seen it anywhere and I've got to confess I welled up just a little bit.

Anyone got the shot of Tommy Doyle holding up the cup. Not seen it anywhere and I've got to confess I welled up just a little bit.
There is one on instagram, i have not got a clue how to get it from there to here though.

Its a lovely piccy

Our game has changed from trying to outscore the opposition, as in you score 4 we'll score 5, to having a secure defence with a patient attritional possession designed to wear down the opposition not just physically but also mentally. Having an out and out striker who doesn't contribute to the possession and build up play but converts a higher percentage of chances isn't going to happen any time soon. All our players are ball players that score goals and that is how Pep likes them. I don't think he is going to sacrifice a place to an out and out goalscorer to the detriment of the possession.
Maybe if a better finishing version of Jesus came along that would be the ideal player.
As for entertainment, their is no better entertainment in football than winning football matches.
All IMHO of course.
Fair enough and I take your point but I would take a 5-4 cup final win over 1-0 any day. The Leeds and Chelsea matches showed the risks of sometimes not having a cutting edge to match the rest of our play.

I guess miss the days when the score reflected our play. But as you suggest - I don’t miss the days when we dominated play and lost to a big hoof up the middle!

Talksport earlier lin king Sean Dyche to Spuds...Mind you may be an upgrade on Mourinho.Lol.

Our game has changed from trying to outscore the opposition, as in you score 4 we'll score 5, to having a secure defence with a patient attritional possession designed to wear down the opposition not just physically but also mentally. Having an out and out striker who doesn't contribute to the possession and build up play but converts a higher percentage of chances isn't going to happen any time soon. All our players are ball players that score goals and that is how Pep likes them. I don't think he is going to sacrifice a place to an out and out goalscorer to the detriment of the possession.
Maybe if a better finishing version of Jesus came along that would be the ideal player.
As for entertainment, their is no better entertainment in football than winning football matches.
All IMHO of course.
Agreed, its why when my man said we are not in the market for a new striker I took it as read. We simply do not need a traditional striker because of how we play, actually playing one could as you say mean less contribution to keeping the ball and hamper the style we now employ. Teams are struggling to live with us because of the movement and the number of options we have to make that movement. Opposing centre halves have nobody to mark, which to big lumps at the back is disconcerting, they like to be in a CFs pants, so to speak, they don't want to be picking up a Foden, Bernardo or Gundog arriving late, it disjoints defences and pulls them out of their comfort zone. We now in effect play with two false 9s or revolving false 9s

We have still scored over 100 goals this season, we are the top scorers in the PL and also have the best defence. We are a far better side for not having a centre forward and I would go as far to say not playing a centre forward has helped in Foden's evolution as he is on the way to becoming a 20 goal season midfielder, Gundogan has also exploited the spaces a centre forward would normally fill and his goal return is also exceptional.

Jesus is an enigma to me, he has so much quality, but makes me angry as he is mard, but he is still developing and can play as a false 9

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.