Tottenham | Post-Match Thread | 4 League Cups In A Row!

View attachment 15146
Love that Gundogan & Foden go and console Son. Reckon Gundog is saying "Stop crying Son, and I'll treat you to a Mr Whippy!"
And Foden chips in " Yeah stop crying Son, the Mr Whippy from Gundog is mint"

Hopefully they’re saying “Don’t worry mate you’ll be winning trophies with us next season”.

Live football at the ground is the only way to watch football, you don't have to listen to the crap given out by the biased commentators on the TV, you meet so many friends who support the same team, shout, sing, jump, watch out over the whole spectacle, you see the emotion, feel the tension, the noise, after yesterday at Wembley I cannot wait to go back to another live game, it was so good you do forget just how good it really is, bollox to TV with all the crap comments, the sooner we all get back the better.

No idea if my memory is tricking me but Spurs left back should have been carded early doors for pulling Foden back and the subsequently got booked for another hack at Foden . Exactly the same scenario as Laporte . They both should have been booked first time around and I very much doubt either would have committed the second challenges .
I thought the ref handled both players perfectly well. I hate it when cards just get hammered out by refs. He let both players have one, had a word with them, then booked them for doing it again.

Good reffing, nothing terrible from the players. Should be case closed, the media have been arseholes about it and Micah had the chance to say all this and didn’t really bother, especially at half time when he said Laporte should have gone.

Live football at the ground is the only way to watch football, you don't have to listen to the crap given out by the biased commentators on the TV, you meet so many friends who support the same team, shout, sing, jump, watch out over the whole spectacle, you see the emotion, feel the tension, the noise, after yesterday at Wembley I cannot wait to go back to another live game, it was so good you do forget just how good it really is, bollox to TV with all the crap comments, the sooner we all get back the better.

VAR?

Yesterdays performance was one of the best I have ever seen in a final from any team in any cup in any country.

We were totally dominant and made Spurs look like a pub team. How sweet is revenge for them destroying my life in 81.

Walker was magnificent, he played a vital role in subduing Song, without Song's pace on the counter Spurs are a pub team and Walker nullified the threat beautifully. Kane was invisible, he deserves better than being at Spurs, but up against a Dias masterclass he looked like a pub team player. It is surely between our Ruben and our Gundog for Player of the Year, although we all know it will probably go to some rag or some dipper.

I was made up for Fernandinho, he has been a magnificent signing for us, up there in importance with the likes of Yaya, El Mago and Sergio, he is the sort of player every team needs, he never stands out, but always stands out, because of the simplicity of his game. For him to be Captain and lift the trophy is a fabulous reward for him, lets hope he lifts two more before the season ends and stays for one more year. He knows he cant play every game, but his influence off the pitch is now as vital as Vinny's was before him.

It was fabulous to see Mahrez tearing Reguillon to pieces, the poor lad must have been dizzy. in all my time watching football I don't think i have ever seen a player with his ability to kill a ball dead, it is truly an art and he is an artful footballer in his pomp.

I could have mentioned many more players than the ones I have, because yesterday they were all magnificent and I adored the way they all celebrated together, the sight of Eddy congratulating Zack was great to see, it showed the unity of the squad and we will need that unity for the challenges to come.

Four League Cups in four years, that is an astonishing feat, lets hope we make it five and then six, then seven and so on, it is a trophy that is dear to me and should have been the first trophy I saw us win live but sadly the passing of my grandad meant I could not go to the Tueart final of 76 as I was only 10 at the time. I hope you are loving it Grandad because I know I am.

Finally a shout out for Sergio, it was a shame he never got on the pitch, but football has no room for sentiment sadly but he has played his part and deserved another winners medal as much as anybody. Lets hope we see his end of days at our beautiful club garnished by two more medals because he more than anyone deserves it.

Well done Pep, well done the team, well done the fans who were there, we are City, the best team in the land and all the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.