Tottenham Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zabba..............Otamendi...............Sagna................Clichy

.........Fernando..................Fernandinho............Delph

Sterling...............................................................Iheanacho

...............................Aguero

Yaya on at exactly 60 mins to keep Pelle satisfied.

Fourth in the league, and not out of the race.

I'll be buying a Wembley ticket for a final soon, which most supporters of any team would give their right arm for, my payment for the game in the final stages of the Champions League goes out today, and we are still in the FA Cup.

It's a really shit season so far, isn't it?

We beat Spurs on Sunday, Arsenal beat Leicester, and the whole complexion changes.

Stop being so melodramatic.

There is loads of football still to be played, and we are still in the race.

I'd loved to have seen this place 20 years ago. Fuck me, a dose of Prozac would have been sent to every new subscriber.

Fourth in the league, and not out of the race.

I'll be buying a Wembley ticket for a final soon, which most supporters of any team would give their right arm for, my payment for the game in the final stages of the Champions League goes out today, and we are still in the FA Cup.

It's a really shit season so far, isn't it?

We beat Spurs on Sunday, Arsenal beat Leicester, and the whole complexion changes.

Stop being so melodramatic.

There is loads of football still to be played, and we are still in the race.

I'd loved to have seen this place 20 years ago. Fuck me, a dose of Prozac would have been sent to every new subscriber.

I don't think the majority of those that are disappointed with the season are being melodramatic. The standard of football and the lack of preparation / structure and leadership for games is a concern. Our record in the big games is atrocious this season. We got played off the park by Leicester and Sunderland were also the better team.

This is a team that invested heavily in the summer and KDB aside has had the new players and experienced campaigners available over the last couple of weeks.

I think people are being realists.

With the injuries we have, the fact we have a manager that is not going to change his ways between now and the end of the season and some players just bang out of form (or not good enough) where is the change from the current malaise going to come from?

I have supported City since the late 70's. There are nearly 3 decades where I would love to have been in the position we are now...Whether you or I like it or not the expectations are higher and the owners have invested significantly to raise expectations. We have moved on and upwards.

Yes if we beat Spurs and Arsenal win the landscape changes somewhat....but it still doesn't take away from the argument that we have underperformed in so many games this year and some big changes to personnel and style of play will be required once Pep arrives.

Here's hoping we do get the result against Spurs. For me the PL and LC should be our priority out of the 4 comps we are still in.

I await the Team Sheet on Sunday with great interest - 13 fit outfield players!!!!
Does he start a couple of youngsters and keep his 'experienced players' on the bench to make an impact, or does he go status quo - start the experienced ones and then ask the youngsters to pull a few rabbits out of the hat in the last five minutes?

This surely is the definition of a must win game.

With Arsenal v Leicester, there is a possibility there of either or both dropping points.

That would put is right back in the mix.

I await the Team Sheet on Sunday with great interest - 13 fit outfield players!!!!
Does he start a couple of youngsters and keep his 'experienced players' on the bench to make an impact, or does he go status quo - start the experienced ones and then ask the youngsters to pull a few rabbits out of the hat in the last five minutes?

I think we know the answer to that. He'll start the experienced ones. They haven't had a game midweek so should have had a bit more reset than they have had recently. I'd be surprised if any of the youngsters start. The only chance is if we wants to play Sterling wide and wants another winger on the other side for balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.