Tottenham Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Start Bersant Celina on the right, cultured footballer and good delivery which we need. Then there's the fact he can actually run for 90 minutes.

I would field

Hart
Zaba, Sagna, Otamendi, Clichy
Fernando
Stirling, Fernandinho, Delph
Kelechi
Aguero

Subs Willie, kolorov, Martin, Yaya, Garcia, Celina, Humphries

Keep it tight and work like hell to match spuds work rate and hope to nick a goal. Consider Yaya in last 20 mins as impact sub.

I would field

Hart
Fernando
Kelechi
Aguero

Keep it tight and work like hell to match spuds work rate and hope to nick a goal. Consider Yaya in last 20 mins as impact sub.

That team looks anything but tight.

I would field

Hart
Fernando
Kelechi
Aguero

agree with that team , probably the strongest we can field , form the players available , and the "tightest" possible , although would play nacho and sterling wide with both having licence to cut in and support Kun , and they would also need to support our fullbacks ,when we are under the cosh , but would like to see vinny starting if fit , he needs game time before Kiev.

feck me spurs havent lost away since the opening day at United! let's make it two

Hart
Zaba___Sagna___Otamendi___Clichy
Delph
Fernandinho___Yaya
Kelechi__________________Sterling
_____________Aguero

I don't think the majority of those that are disappointed with the season are being melodramatic. The standard of football and the lack of preparation / structure and leadership for games is a concern. Our record in the big games is atrocious this season. We got played off the park by Leicester and Sunderland were also the better team.

This is a team that invested heavily in the summer and KDB aside has had the new players and experienced campaigners available over the last couple of weeks.

I think people are being realists.

With the injuries we have, the fact we have a manager that is not going to change his ways between now and the end of the season and some players just bang out of form (or not good enough) where is the change from the current malaise going to come from?

I have supported City since the late 70's. There are nearly 3 decades where I would love to have been in the position we are now...Whether you or I like it or not the expectations are higher and the owners have invested significantly to raise expectations. We have moved on and upwards.

Yes if we beat Spurs and Arsenal win the landscape changes somewhat....but it still doesn't take away from the argument that we have underperformed in so many games this year and some big changes to personnel and style of play will be required once Pep arrives.

Here's hoping we do get the result against Spurs. For me the PL and LC should be our priority out of the 4 comps we are still in.
What a great post, I have been trying to make this point for such a long time but couldn't express it as eloquently as you.im a city fan from the 60's and love them but feel the same, not having beaten any of the top six , not having thrashed anyone since first few games, with such an open comp this year, if we end up falling over the line and winning the league by one point it will still be hollow.this was the year to smash this league, but haven't. Hope pep takes us to that next level we all crave next year.

What a great post, I have been trying to make this point for such a long time but couldn't express it as eloquently as you.im a city fan from the 60's and love them but feel the same, not having beaten any of the top six , not having thrashed anyone since first few games, with such an open comp this year, if we end up falling over the line and winning the league by one point it will still be hollow.this was the year to smash this league, but haven't. Hope pep takes us to that next level we all crave next year.

If we win the league ( which we won't ) it will feel hollow? Christ on a bike!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.