Spurs’ new stadium

Not having a go or anything. Just giving my opinion. Used to like watching Spurs. They're still one of the better sides.
Think Alli not keeping up his standards and injuries have hit you. Alderwiereld not the player he was pre injury.
Now your best defender (imo) , Vertonghen out. Davies isn't a patch on what Rose was before his injury and Eriksen
has just seemed to have dipped a bit. A lot of parts in your side.
I agree with most of that! Son seems to have fallen down the pecking order too. Im excited to see Foyth get a run in, him and Sanchez could be our future centre back pairing. We are always punching above our weight so it will be interesting to see what the future holds with the new stadium. Obviously City are on another level but Liverpool and Spurs would rather be in their position than the likes of Arsenal and United!

assume your taking the piss ?
it was played on a work day monday completly shafting city fans the fulham fan and southampton fans as a knock on effect.
you really are a special breed you spurs lot almost dipperesk .in never your fault ?

Yes. I am.

I think pretty much everyone accepts the fixture took place. What has been debated ad nauseam is whether Spurs' planning was adequate.

As for comparing me to the 'the best fans in the World'' © Liverpool FC. Thank you. That is the nicest thing someone has every said to me.

In respect of the fact it has cost hundreds of millions more than budgeted for. It looks great but I'd imagine a 60,000 seat stadium with suitability for NFL games could have been delivered far more cheaply, even in North London.

Once the initial buzz of being in a much nicer environment has worn off, Spurs fans will be far more interested in the quality of football on offer and if your team can actually start to seriously challenge for trophies.

Yes, the stadium could have been cheaper, with lower spec and finish quality. And, sure, that could have knocked a few million off Spurs' annual interest and repayment charges. But that would also have been shortsighted. The kind of option that Alan Sugar would have taken. London is a highly competitive market for corporate hospitality. There are so many major events and venues to choose from - be it Wimbledon, Twickenham, Wembley, Lords, O2, Emirates, Stamford Bridge, London stadium etc. In addition to which, the Tottenham area has little to recommend it other than the stadium and associated developments.

Levy's aim appears to have been fourfold:

- To ensure that Spurs' offering beats the pants off all other venues in London currently.
- To future proof the stadium so that it will remain up there among the best even after new venues are built.
- To make the stadium so amazing that non football events and corporate clients will want to go there regardless that other venues are better located.
- To make the stadium truly versatile (grass and artificial surface).

The cheaper option you suggest wouldn't have achieved these aims and would thus have limited future revenue generation.

Yes, the stadium could have been cheaper, with lower spec and finish quality. And, sure, that could have knocked a few million off Spurs' annual interest and repayment charges. But that would also have been shortsighted. The kind of option that Alan Sugar would have taken. London is a highly competitive market for corporate hospitality. There are so many major events and venues to choose from - be it Wimbledon, Twickenham, Wembley, Lords, O2, Emirates, Stamford Bridge, London stadium etc. In addition to which, the Tottenham area has little to recommend it other than the stadium and associated developments.

Levy's aim appears to have been fourfold:

- To ensure that Spurs' offering beats the pants off all other venues in London currently.
- To future proof the stadium so that it will remain up there among the best even after new venues are built.
- To make the stadium so amazing that non football events and corporate clients will want to go there regardless that other venues are better located.
- To make the stadium truly versatile (grass and artificial surface).

The cheaper option you suggest wouldn't have achieved these aims and would thus have limited future revenue generation.

Let's see how Spurs do in terms of footballing success then. The business side will be paramount for Levy yet supporters (including you I assume) will want trophies to complement your wonderful new stadium.

Let's see how Spurs do in terms of footballing success then. The business side will be paramount for Levy yet supporters (including you I assume) will want trophies to complement your wonderful new stadium.

The suggestion that Levy does not care about football success is... well... silly.

CFC fans can laugh all they want at Spurs' current stadium predicament.
However I suspect when its open they will look with envious eyes from across London when comparing their 70's crumbling edifice and hotel (artistic licence) with what Spurs can offer.
It does look a fantastic venue and I agree that Levy has carefully considered the current outlay and ensured the stadium is a "premium" venue at a not inconsiderable cost for a reason or two.
As has been said once its open nobody will give a flying fuck about the delays particularly Spurs fans.

Heard from someone today who has been around the stadium that one of the problems is that Levy keeps changing the spec on everything that was agreed. So for instance instead of tarmac he wanted block paving, instead of standard formica tops he wanted Italian marble and so on and so on

Heard from someone today who has been around the stadium that one of the problems is that Levy keeps changing the spec on everything that was agreed. So for instance instead of tarmac he wanted block paving, instead of standard formica tops he wanted Italian marble and so on and so on

Oh please. Ridiculous statement.

I think Levi will tell you when the Stadium opens ,in the last few hours of the transfer window.
It is when he comes alive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.