Tottenham Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brentford (H) and Leeds United (A) to close the season and to amass a maximum of 63 points, which might not be enough to secure any European football. Quite a drop from 4th last year with 71 points, and I wouldn’t consider any of their three major signings (Richarlison, Romero, Bissouma) to have been roaring successes.

Brentford (H) and Leeds United (A) to close the season and to amass a maximum of 63 points, which might not be enough to secure any European football. Quite a drop from 4th last year with 71 points, and I wouldn’t consider any of their three major signings (Richarlison, Romero, Bissouma) to have been roaring successes.
And I think—if they manage to hold on to him, which is a big if—I reckon we see a drop of from Kane, and an even bigger one from Son, next season.

And I think—if they manage to hold on to him, which is a big if—I reckon we see a drop of from Kane, and an even bigger one from Son, next season.
I just can’t see them selling Kane. It would be adding insult to injury for their fans, so I could see them renegotiating a new contract in the summer to give the illusion of a rebuild. They need a new manager whose playing style is more progressive and they desperately need creativity in midfield. It’s ten years since Modric left for Madrid and three since Eriksen left for Internazionale, and they’ve been relying on stamina and brawn ever since.

I just can’t see them selling Kane. It would be adding insult to injury for their fans, so I could see them renegotiating a new contract in the summer to give the illusion of a rebuild. They need a new manager whose playing style is more progressive and they desperately need creativity in midfield. It’s ten years since Modric left for Madrid and three since Eriksen left for Internazionale, and they’ve been relying on stamina and brawn ever since.
I tend to agree.

The drop off in production from Kane and Son that I expect will be a big enough blow to Spurs and their fans, though.

Reckon Haaland’s season was to Kane what last season was to Liverpool.

Scoring 27 goals and losing the golden boot, and not having real European football on top.

It’s going to break him.

I tend to agree.

The drop off in production from Kane and Son that I expect will be a big enough blow to Spurs and their fans, though.

Reckon Haaland’s season was to Kane what last season was to Liverpool.

Scoring 27 goals and losing the golden boot, and not having real European football on top.

It’s going to break him.
I actually think that they could have a good League season next year if they don’t have European distractions. We can see from the success enjoyed by Aston Villa and Brighton and Hove Albion that the fewer the distractions, the closer you can get; I also expect Arsenal and Newcastle United to have teething problems in that regard. However, any Spurs improvement will be conditional on them appointing a decent manager and signing creative midfielders. Kane’s pain with not winning trophies will presumably be assuaged with a bumper salary increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.