Tottenham v City Post Match Discussion Thread

bluetoo said:
Dont get me wrong...it was a brilliant performance and one I've yearned for against spuds of all people but some people are making out we ran the show from start to finish...we didnt. Ducado summed it up pretty well...which seems to contradict me somewhat. However, I just think there were lengthy periods in the game when we werent dominant as much as some are making out.

We only have to be dominant in the periods that matter.<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:36 am --<br /><br />
samharris said:
bluetoo said:
Dont get me wrong...it was a brilliant performance and one I've yearned for against spuds of all people but some people are making out we ran the show from start to finish...we didnt. Ducado summed it up pretty well...which seems to contradict me somewhat. However, I just think there were lengthy periods in the game when we werent dominant as much as some are making out.

We only have to be dominant in the periods that matter.

On MOTD 2 last night the commentator (upon seeing Hart save from defoe) said.." thats a sign of a great keeper to pull off a save like that after being so quiet for long periods".

samharris said:
bluetoo said:

-- Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:36 am --

samharris said:
bluetoo said:

On MOTD 2 last night the commentator (upon seeing Hart save from defoe) said.." thats a sign of a great keeper to pull off a save like that after being so quiet for long periods".

Hart did 3/4 very good saves.

Watch the extended highlights on the OS. They might have a City bias, but it did show several good chances for Spuds, apart from the goal. The commentator also refers to City playing on the break, which is something you often have to do when playing away from home, and the best sides do it with the sort of clinical efficiency we showed yesterday. We got forward with pace and purpose, not with slow laborious keep-possession football. BRILLIANT!

The amount of great service the forwards got was unreal

3 of the big mans goals were off great balls into the box.

I watched the whole game again last night. Jesus, we're good. I cannot believe how good we are. That was absolute fabulous, City. Thank you.

For me that was the first yardstick of the season.
Spuds beat us fair and square at our place for the 4th spot 2 seasons ago and last season pulled us all over the park at their place.
From yesterday's performance top 3 is ours to lose.
Interesting one for me is how we look in Europe, will we settle into it straight away or will we need a bit of time and experience to come good?

Enemy said:
I was left speechless. This Manchester City squad has left me speechless and in a state of paralysis. Nasri playing like he has been in City for years, and Dzeko scoring 4 goals??? Wtf!!!

I gotta say that I warned of the coming storm known as Edin the Diamond. This guy knows how header the ball, left, right foot goals, long distance goals, short distance, perfect positioning, amazing creativity and passing. Is there anything this guy lacks???

"Seine Starke ist das er keine Schwache hat."

"His strength is that he has no weakness."

-- Felix Magath, about Edin "The Diamond" Džeko

Blue Haze said:
I love watching Edin succeed because he is such a nice guy. He went through so much shit last year being labeled the flop of the year etc.

You can tell from the moment he came, he was eager to fit in and work hard. He was eager to be loved by the fans.

So, so happy for him, couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Very nicely said - totally agree !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.