Tottenham v City Post Match Discussion Thread

WEMBLEY76 said:
Fellow Blues...no team is going to dominate a game for 90 minutes in the Premier League..we did more than enough to justify that 5-1 scoreline today
agreed

As a Spurs fan I'd like to say well done

I think it's the best performance I've seen from an opposing team in many years

I'm just gutted Dzeko wasn't in my FF team, I had Augero!

I think you and United are going head to head for the title

Edit - Also, I'd like to say Spurs didn't play bad, City just played excellentl. It will piss me off if the media will turn it around on Spurs playing poor

Crouchinho said:

Edit - Also, I'd like to say Spurs didn't play bad, City just played excellentl. It will piss me off if the media will turn it around on Spurs playing poor

They'll be too busy wanking themselves off about yoonited beating gooner reserves to do that.

Great match, excellent performance by the entire team and amazing by Edin Dzeko! I am so happy the way this season started.

I live in the States and have come to love City football since Dzeko joined the team and can't wait for them to destroy United this season. Mancini is a genius and you can see it all starting to come together. Patience is a virtue and always pays off.

I have to recognize the City fans who travelled to London. You were so loud and inspirational, and you deserve at least one of Dzeko's goals today. I truly believe that he feeds off the chants and makes him try even harder to please the fans. You can tell he's truly happy to be in Manchester and playing for City, he knows this season could be special, not only the possibility of winning the EPL but also Champions league. Let's pray the players stay injury free and keep supporting them. Cheers!

Bilboblue said:
Crouchinho said:

They'll be too busy wanking themselves off about yoonited beating gooner reserves to do that.

That was the only thing that made Spurs' day better. Arsenal getting thrashed too.

It'll be a great race for the title!

Never doubted Edin.

Knew what he did at Wolfsburg and I knew what Mancini bought when he signed him, hearing he's lost 1 and a half stone over pre season and looks in good shape.

Never doubted Mancini (Think he came a few months late to be honest, never liked Hughes being brutally honest). Knew his pedigree, I knew Dzeko's pedigree and I have one question...

Where is Shearer/Ignorant British pundits/journalists who slagged off Dzeko last season?

They're the same people praising him tomorrow that's a guarantee.

And as for hearing some United fans say we will fall away etc etc, god knows what would happen if our starting lineup had a go at that Arsenal XI today at Eastlands. I'm thinking it would be more than 8...

Aguero/Nasri settling in well and a little mention for my favourite guy at the minute, Savic!

The kids eager and talented, he just looks solid and full of energy. His skills on and off the ball are superb (To work with) I can't remember him losing the ball in any of his sub appearances...

Kompany/Richards/Clichy/Kola/Zaba all doing brilliantly and with Kolo (I thought he was superb before the ban) coming back things are looking solid at the back. I didn't mention Joleon because...Well I'm not a fan and think he's an average CB who's fairly solid.

Still think Mancini is in the market for Cerci on the wing, he's burned his bridges with Dalla Valle at Fiorentina so I am thinking he is the loan signing or a permanent deal if Fiorentina accept City's 6m pounds terms.

Special mention to Mario for sitting on the bench and actually smiling, Carlos...Well Carlos, I wish you the best but I wouldn't pick you over Dzeko/Aguero at the minute.

And as for another of my favourite players Yaya, again, you were sublime. He's still gearing up, always been a slow starter in a season since his days at Barce. Silva's looking amazing as he did all last season.

And I tell you something, United/Chelsea would kill for one of Nasri/Silva/Yaya at the minute I can tell you that much.

Comparing City's lineup to United's?

The only United player I would put in is Vidic over Lescott and maybe Anderson for Barry.

Rate United's goalkeeper as well, think he's a world class goalie.

Missed anyone?

Oh Barry, solid as always.

Best quote of the week:

Branca (Inter director) before the Champions League draw: ''Who do we want? Anyone but City. They have fantastic players and can outpower us with their physical style, they could bully us with their height and strength.''

Branca post draw: ''We will face anyone, we are happy to face anyone as we can beat any team in Europe.''

Hmmmmm.

Great performance, Spurs didn't play THAT badly either so I wouldn't blame them too much (Pundits).

Support from the City faithful was brilliant as always as well, just a brilliant result. Alot more credible than beating Arsene Wenger's kids at home to be honest.

I've read quite a few posts on this thread before putting my two penneth in.

Agree it was a great result. Agree we didn't absolutely boss Spurs though - they had chances with efforts from Bale and Crouch in the first half. Agree though that to "dominate" any away game in the Prem will be v v rare. Agree that although Spurs are clearly not hitting the heights of a couple of seasons ago - Modric issue is a destabilising factor etc - they had enough quality on their team (Bale, RvdV, Lennon, Dawson) to have got a result against a lesser team than us and usually play at a very high tempo at home; we didn't let them. Agree that our defensive third is not quite operating on all cyclinders at the moment - simple concentration could have avoided the Spuds goal and agree that we are still not the finished article.

However, the overwhelming feeling this morning is great pride and satisfaction in witnessing a performance that has never been reached away in the Prem in North London since I began following the Blues ('88/89). It's a joy to see our movement, confidence and ability in the final third. Everyone is pulling in the same direction and we are making it v difficult for the ney-sayers in the press to attack us (though they'll be the inevitable fatuous "anything you can do" -type headlines this morning).

All in all, a fantastic time to be a Blue. Thank you Bobby M, the players, Cookey, Khaldoon and of course Sheikh Mansour.

Makes it even sweeter for me, cos the In laws support them. Ha Ha Ha Ha.

Love it!

Best bit is her dad wont speak to me for days now - BONUS! ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.