Tottenham v City Post Match Discussion Thread

The thing that stood out to me today was the fact that we never allowed them to get a head of steam up. Spurs always play at a very high tempo at home and that's a big reason why they were unbeaten in something like 17 home games before today. The quality, organisation and control in our play was great to see. To smash a good team like them on their own patch = very exciting times.

I really dont think we were as convincing as some people are making out today...there I said it. First half was pretty much even and if Spuds had taken their chances they would have been right back in it. Yes some of our link up play and the way we took the goals was sublime. Cant argue with the scoreline but I just dont think we ran Spurs ragged as much as some people are saying.

I'm glad that Dzeko is showing his talent. I and a few others kept the faith whilst everyone else classed him as a flop, eat humble pie bitches! :D

On a serious note, brilliant performance today, great fluid movement and our work rate when we didn't have the ball was brilliant. My only critique is that we were maybe lucky not to be stretched across the back four with Zab often coming inside.
There was a period where the possession read: Manchester City 89% Tottenham 11%...Simple pass and move, toying with the opponent. Brilliant.

bluetoo said:
I really dont think we were as convincing as some people are making out today...there I said it. First half was pretty much even and if Spuds had taken their chances they would have been right back in it. Yes some of our link up play and the way we took the goals was sublime. Cant argue with the scoreline but I just dont think we ran Spurs ragged as much as some people are saying.

What you are saying is that Spurs are not a bad team which they are not, they will beat most teams at WHL, yet we beat them 1-5

Have we seen the Champions elect ?

That performance ripped Spurs apart,incisive,every time we went forward looked like we could score.
This is very difficult as I am 100% biased as a Blue,but have we seen the New
Champions of the 2011-12 season today in that annilihation of Spurs ?

Re: Have we seen the Champions elect ?

WEMBLEY76 said:
That performance ripped Spurs apart,incisive,every time we went forward looked like we could score.
This is very difficult as I am 100% biased as a Blue,but have we seen the New
Champions of the 2011-12 season today in that annilihation of Spurs ?

A bit premature but to a degree I agree, the comprehensive defeat of spurs is a big result considering this game last season was a scrappy 0-0 draw, if we can show such a vast improvement over other performances against the other top 6 clubs then yes we will win the league.

If spurs took their chances i recall them having 2 and the goal we scored 5 and could have had another 3 with the good chances we had, yes i know some scorelines dont reflect the game but that one clearly did, spurs huffed and puffed but were contained and we resorted to just playing keep ball for 10 mens in the second halff where there was a possession stat of 89% to 11% which for an away side is excellent.

Im not sure what else we need to do to run a team ragged and prove that to you.

Dont get me wrong...it was a brilliant performance and one I've yearned for against spuds of all people but some people are making out we ran the show from start to finish...we didnt. Ducado summed it up pretty well...which seems to contradict me somewhat. However, I just think there were lengthy periods in the game when we werent dominant as much as some are making out.

Fellow Blues...no team is going to dominate a game for 90 minutes in the Premier League..we did more than enough to justify that 5-1 scoreline today

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.