Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo spurs will line up like this -

Friedal
Walker/Corluka Dawson Kaboul Ekotto

Lennon Modric Kranjcar/Huddlestone Bale

vdv/Pav

Defoe/Pav

Interesting though Spurs could line up with a very small team which we could exploit

Also as another poster said Dzeko even though on good form might not be suited to this game with dawson and kaboul very big centre halves so it might be better playing with quick forwards. I would keep playing the 4-3-3 with milner, barry and yaya in the holding role and silva, nasri and tevez or aguero in the forward roles.

Overall I would probably be happy with a point and good performance but definitely no repeat of last season when we were battered but hanged on to a point.

I think it would be crazy to bench Dzeko at the moment. He is in good form, and I would not mess with the starting lineup especially for this game.

AzRim1 said:
I think it would be crazy to bench Dzeko at the moment. He is in good form, and I would not mess with the starting lineup especially for this game.

Like I said, it horses for courses and I think the likes of Dawson King or corluka would rather play against dzeko than the likes of tevez aguero and balo

Looking forward to it.

4-4-2/4-2-2-2 as before. I'd agree about Clichy over Lennon but in the same fixture last year, Kolarov did a superb job on Lennon before going off injured.

(anyone saying we played 4-3-3/'the diamond' last week must demonstrate how... preferably with a diagram that doesn't have Milner on the right when he was clearly on the left!)

jerichoy2j said:
they reckon

----------------Friedal---------------
Corluka--Dawson--King----Ekottu
---------------Huddlestone--------------
--Lennon -------------------- Bale--------
---------------Modric---------------
---------------VDV

How about using their formation ?

----------------Hart---------------
Richards--Kompany--Lescott----Clichy
---------------Yaya--------------
--Aguero -------------------- Silva--------
---------------Nasri---------------
---------------Tevez
----------Dzeko-----------

Guardian has us set up this way in their preview:

............Hart..............
Micah...Vinnie...Lescott..Kolarov
......Yaya.......Barry..........
.............Nasri...................
..Silva....Dzeko........Aguero

Which I would assume would mean subs of: Pantilimon, Milner, Johnson, Savic, Clichy, Tevez, and Balotelli

--------------Hart----------------
Richards--Kompany--Lescott---Clichy
--------Yaya-----Barry-----------
----Nasri-------------Silva-------
----------Aguero---------------
-------------------Dzeko----------

Pantilimon, Savic, Kolarov, Milner, Johnson, Balotelli, Tevez

Tevez City said:
jerichoy2j said:
they reckon

----------------Friedal---------------
Corluka--Dawson--King----Ekottu
---------------Huddlestone--------------
--Lennon -------------------- Bale--------
---------------Modric---------------
---------------VDV

How about using their formation ?

----------------Hart---------------
Richards--Kompany--Lescott----Clichy
---------------Yaya--------------
--Aguero -------------------- Silva--------
---------------Nasri---------------
---------------Tevez
----------Dzeko-----------

Tell me one thing; How do you look at the two line-ups above and say that you would be happy with a point?! I understand that it's an away match and Spurs are always tough opposition....but C'MON Blues.

With the exception of Bale, none of their players would even make the City squad. Name one who would; Modric? really?? who would you bench? Silva or Nasri? lol

Think their defense can even dream to stop a line up of Aguero, Silva, Yaya, and Dzeko? No way in hell!

Anything but 3 points is below par in this match.

Cheers

BLUEMATT23 said:
We never win here, 2-0 loss i can forsee

we drew there last year,so I think a draw is acceptable this year..On the other hand..blackpool attacked them and caused them grief.. If we go for a win then who knows..<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:46 am --<br /><br />
No17 said:
to be honest with you...from watching these two matches you played I can see you having trouble only at the swamp, maybe against the other red shite and I hope against us at goodison, but other than that...I see you winning every game...it is scary looking at the names you have....and it is a joy to watch Dzeko shutting some people up....

You do seem to have the upper hand when it comes to playing us fella, home and away...cheers for your Dzeko comments,hes gonna be great this year..last year was all about getting top four so the style we played didnt suit him is what im thinking,this year we are set up for him...am also very impressed with his hold up play.

Unchanged for me.

Tevez replaces Aguero after 60 mins
Nasri replaces Silva same time

and either Balotelli for Dzeko or Zab to replace Yaya when he tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.