Tottenham v City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
as hard as it gets for us this, always dread this game, our record is awful, despite last season which in all honesty was gained by hook or by crook.
a point and i would be happy.
any sort of victory and i will think this is our season.

not gone 6 prem wins for donkeys years either

Dread these games that our record is appalling.. Take the Everton game last season away from home we absolutely battered them and we got beat it's theses weird statistics that proves it doesn't matter how good a team you have you can get done!

I think as fans we're nervous given previous results, however I don't for a second believe that our players will feel the same.

Also, if Nasri plays and scores he should run up to Rednapp and tell him to keep his fucking opinions to himself.

Not quite my most dreaded fixture of the season but certainly in the top 5. The point we got there last season was daylight robbery, though we did perform much better when we played them at home. I remember reading a lot on here about them battering us but honestly not remembering Hart having to do a great deal in that game. Modric should have buried his chance but everyone has those from time to time. Our goal was quite fortuitous but it was nothing like the opening day display at WHL which was frankly embarrassing.

I do think today, if nothing else, we're going to get a warm fuzzy feeling from our bench. And on it plenty of players who can come on and change it up if it's not going our way (Balotelli I'm looking at you..)

As others have said there are just some fixtures you're destined not to win. How we didn't take 6 points off Everton last season I will never, ever know. But we didn't, because that's just our lot. And I fear getting battered at WHL even when we're making Barcelona look silly is just another one of those things we'll have to deal with over the coming seasons :p

I think today will be our first season mini-crisis. We'll look shaky and overwhelmed, and the board will go into meltdown worrying that our season is over already and we're still not good enough, Mancini out, etc. Then we'll realise it's one result and despite the same thing happening last season we still finished two country miles ahead of Spurs.

Morning mates, just got back from the bars here in the states, going to pull an all-nighter to watch the match. Anyone else active in the thread to keep me company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.