Tottenham v City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs next week is HUGE

Dobsy said:
On the basis of our defensive display today I'm not too confident. I can't see Yaya being dropped. Milner to move out to the wing and Aguero to drop to the bench, De Jong in, is what I can see coming.
Milner never plays well out wide. He plays best through the middle..

Re: Spurs next week is HUGE

welcometomanchester said:
Yes, I know every game is big but this is our first real test and a win away at spurs would prove that we can win the league. Not just to us fans and the media but I think the players will really believe we can do it. My team:
--Hart---
-Richards--Kompany-Lescott--Clichy
--------------- De Jong------------
---------- Barry ---- Milner-------
------------------ Silva --------------
-------- Augero ------ Dzeko -------

I've dropped Yaya just because last few games feel he's not been quite there. Let get at them early and finish the game off.

Who's that?

can see this being a hum dinger of a game,spurs imo will get nothing against utd on monday,and will be up for this big time first home game and smarting over us supposedly ending their champs league ambitions,also if they lose to us, they would be bottom of the league with old twitcher then squirming like fcuk with no points in the bag,but having said that imo it will be a draw 2.2..

Why would you want Yaya dropped?

It's never happening anyway.

If Nasri starts, then Milner will be giving way.

Spurs next week is HUGE

BlueGun said:

I just don't think he's played well last few games. Esp the derby and today he looked off the pace. Just my opinion..

Dzeko doesn't generally play well up front on his own.

We have nothing to lose by going for it again.

Same team as today but de Jong back for Barry (his week for a rest) and clichy for kolorov because he will deal with Lennon better.

For Wigan Adam Johnson back in. He needs games too and did well against Swansea.

black mamba said:
Not quite 'huge' at this early stage of the season , but certainly a game we won't want to lose ......... it's important to win as many games as possible , or to stay unbeaten for as long as you possibly can .... but i'd deem a draw at Spurs a worthwhile result.

Uncle 'arry watched us today , in person , and he'll have his team ready for the game next week all right!
True. bogey ground for us tbh. Twitcher's teams (Particularly the spuds) always play as if there granny's life depended on it when they play against us... as opposed to, compulsively, lying down quicker than a $10 whore every time the rags are their opponents.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Dzeko doesn't generally play well up front on his own.

We have nothing to lose by going for it again.

Same team as today but de Jong back for Barry (his week for a rest) and clichy for kolorov because he will deal with Lennon better.

For Wigan Adam Johnson back in. He needs games too and did well against Swansea.
Agree with all of it apart from the De Jong in for Barry, I would change De Jong for Yaya, Yaya has been poor recently and I would replace him with Nige, and Gaz Baz played his best game for us today so I think it would be wrong to drop him especially as Yaya is in a poor run of form

welcometomanchester said:
BlueGun said:

I just don't think he's played well last few games. Esp the derby and today he looked off the pace. Just my opinion..

I don't know what game you were watching but Yaya played well today..

Also had the highest pass success%.. hardly misplaced any balls.

Compared to Milner who misplaced 17 passes to Yaya's 4.

Have to see how they play United tomorrow before I decide to worry or not about this game as Hearts wasn't a test at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.