Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, reckon it'd be something like...

____________Gomes
Corluka__Dawson__Kaboul__Assou-Ekotto
Lennon__Hudd____Kranjcar__Bale
____________VDV
___________Defoe

Walker started against Hearts, though, and Harry might fancy Pavlyuchenko instead of Defoe, to 'mix it' a bit. I would presume Modric will be gone, otherwise he'll be in for Kranjcar.

I would play the NDJ/YY/GB triangle, with Kun, Silva and Dzeko ahead - keep it really solid, and the forward three should create something against an average Spurs defence. However, Bob might want more insurance on the wings, which would probably mean Milner left, Silva right and Kun on the bench. Ooh, decisions.<br /><br />-- Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:23 pm --<br /><br />
jpargo said:
Yaya will not be dropped by Mancini. Only way he is on starting lineup is if he is not fit. He played a deeper role. Most people only notice people at the end of the end product. Today he was at the starting of all city moves (including 3 of the goals). The reason city played free flowing football was that key first pass and he was the one dictating that. It gets overlooked because people often focus on the pass right before the goal but sometimes its harder to make the 1/2 pass before that.

My fear is that Tevez will get on the team sheet. Even if he didn't want to leave the club, I don't think he has future on here. He is great footballer but at the very top you need players who bring the best out of other players. He is great player on teams like West Ham/an upcoming City, but when you have ambitions as this club he is less effective. He plays primarily for himself and is footballing IQ is not up to standard. Look at the difference Kun made today. He stays upfront and his movement makes room for players like Dzoko/Milner.

Yaya's short passing and control is amazing. With regard to Tevez - yeah, by the time we play Spurs I'd rather he was gone. We really do look like more of a team and, as we've improved, we no longer have to rely on his goals. Inter on loan, if I was a betting man.

Fickle bastard, me!

I know that no-one is worrying about it right now but I think that Balotelli needs game time and soon.

If Tevez were to leave before the end of the window, which is on all accounts quite likely, and Aguero/Dzeko were to get injuries we could be facing a striker crisis early on in the season.

I think that Balotelli should get the nod ahead of Tevez for at least 30 mins of play time (More if we're chasing) but I would prefer to see him start the game, maybe partnering Dzeko. With Aguero playing the second half.

I'd like to think that Balotelli has had a swift wake up call these past two weeks on the bench, but let's not risk alienating someone from the squad who has undeniable talent by not giving him any play time.

Depends on how well spur plays against rags.
Hart
Richards Kom Les Clichy
DJ Touree Barry
Aguero Silva
Balo

That first eleven for us yesterday did enough for me to say same again, NDJ on the bench. Tactically suspect Clichy at left back if injury cleared up for his pace against Lennon.

Daveth said:
I think that Balotelli should get the nod ahead of Tevez for at least 30 mins of play time (More if we're chasing) but I would prefer to see him start the game, maybe partnering Dzeko. With Aguero playing the second half.
I'd like to think that Balotelli has had a swift wake up call these past two weeks on the bench, but let's not risk alienating someone from the squad who has undeniable talent by not giving him any play time.
We cannot risk playing Mario at White Hart Lane. They will wind him up and God knows what may happen. No chances to be taken. Our strongest line-up is needed. We can risk Mario against the likes of Wigan in future games.

Yaya only missed 3 games last season, chances on him being dropped well...work it out for yourself but if de jong comes in it'll be barry or aguero giving way, its vital milner plays in our away games for his work ethic when were chasing the ball more often than not. Spurs are a Gung Ho team, but have their defensive frailties. If we hit them at the right time maybe on a set piece or a counter attack, then we can get a cheap goal and defend for the rest of the game. Although I'm not confident going into this one I think we'll snatch 3 points.

jpargo said:
Yaya will not be dropped by Mancini. Only way he is on starting lineup is if he is not fit. He played a deeper role. Most people only notice people at the end of the end product. Today he was at the starting of all city moves (including 3 of the goals). The reason city played free flowing football was that key first pass and he was the one dictating that. It gets overlooked because people often focus on the pass right before the goal but sometimes its harder to make the 1/2 pass before that.

My fear is that Tevez will get on the team sheet. Even if he didn't want to leave the club, I don't think he has future on here. He is great footballer but at the very top you need players who bring the best out of other players. He is great player on teams like West Ham/an upcoming City, but when you have ambitions as this club he is less effective. He plays primarily for himself and is footballing IQ is not up to standard. Look at the difference Kun made today. He stays upfront and his movement makes room for players like Dzoko/Milner.

Exactly... Yaya has gone about doing his job quietly.

Completely different opposition to Bolton , they are very good on the ball and will attack and attack and attack. With their formation , they can get overrun in the middle which can only be to our advantage . But I would expect to see us play with 5 in the middle with Dzeko up top alone . A tough tough game , they don't come much harder than Spuds away , it will be their first home game of the year , so the crowd will be up for it . We will need to be on top of our game to take 3 points from this one , but these days I know we could go there and play our game and walk away with 3 points cause we are just that good.

........................Hart..........................
Richards...Kompany....Lescott......Clichy.......
.....................De Jong.......................
............Yaya................Barry..................
...........................................Silver...........
..........Aguero........................................
......................Dzeko..............................

We should seriously consider giving Balo some time in this game. He needs to get his motivation up.

tottenham

defensively shite,offensively not much better. should beat them. united have taken them apart their midfield is shockingly bad at defending and attacking they just run forward as fast as possible with or without the ball, i would be gutted if we lost against them judging against this performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.