Touring caravans

We done if for a few years before buying a static, great fun!
Join the camping and caravan club with hundreds of sites including Europe if you brave enough.

We enjoyed the CL sites also, usually a farmers field with only a handful of other caravans, peace and quiet and lovely walks.
Couple of nice sites Bakewell Derbyshire , one in a forest you will find in the book.

Went to Paignton Torquay a few times, lovely down there although a bit of a drive, we would set off after rush hour and park up at Worcestershire Services overnight £10 with a breakfast voucher before continue the journey after the morning rush hour.

There is also a nice site in Blackpool we stayed at if we were going to see the lights.

You may want to consider breakdown cover , Green Flag Is the go to one for Caravans iirc.

Invest in a decent Awning and Tow bar locks and a wheel clamp!
I could go on all day!
PM me if you need any advice.
Happy caravaning!
Do't forget a good stabiliser for when it's windy or there's a heavy coming up fast behind you on a motorway. I used to have one called a "Mongoose", as it was a good anti-snake device.

There is a campsite just outside of Bristol free parking from around midday on a Friday through to Monday lunchtime now what's it called ? Oh yea the M4/M5 Almondsbury interchange. loads of space you can camp from there right the way down to Taunton ! And sometimes beyond .

B8785043-2-BA0-41-E7-90-FC-BB484-FDBF542.jpg

Having just spent close on £2,500 for 10 days in Whitby I thought fuck that so have just bought a 2nd hand touring caravan it’s mint, £90 a year insurance and £20-£25 a night to pitch up. It’s immaculate inside got a bargain can’t wait to hit the road we usually go away 10 times in the uk a year so will pay for itself with today’s holiday accommodation prices anyone else use one also best places to visit will be great thanks
Having read all the replies OP there are a couple of things I would point out...
If you passed your test before ‘97 you have acquired or ‘grandad’ rights to tow a trailer, so no need to take the B+E (I think) test. Ignore the 750kg limit, that’s for unbraked trailers, the caravan has brakes. Try to ensure the caravan is max 85% of the weight of the car, you can go higher but it can be a bit of an insurance grey area in the event of an accident. Depending on the age of the van it shouldn’t need a stabiliser, these are now within the hitch.
oh and the best campsites are in France and Spain :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.