Tourists at games

bluebarry

Funny observation at Chelsea. Saw a family of 5 tourists outside the ground, 4 wearing City shirts and one a Chelsea top. With this combination of shirts I was pondering which end they had tickets for. Subsequently saw them come out of the club shop all wearing Chelsea tops, so guess they had tickets for home end!
At West Ham, there was a family of 6 all in City tops. Pre game they were joyously taking lots of photos. However, throughout the first half the 2 females looked disinterested and remained sat down for the whole half (or more accurately 40 minutes as they left early before half time). In contrast, the dad actively enjoyed the game. I wonder how they managed to get 6 tickets together?

Funny observation at Chelsea. Saw a family of 5 tourists outside the ground, 4 wearing City shirts and one a Chelsea top. With this combination of shirts I was pondering which end they had tickets for. Subsequently saw them come out of the club shop all wearing Chelsea tops, so guess they had tickets for home end!
At West Ham, there was a family of 6 all in City tops. Pre game they were joyously taking lots of photos. However, throughout the first half the 2 females looked disinterested and remained sat down for the whole half (or more accurately 40 minutes as they left early before half time). In contrast, the dad actively enjoyed the game. I wonder how they managed to get 6 tickets together?

It's just a natural progression of where the game is going. In 20 years time when Manchester City Tigers are playing Tottenham Hotspur Eagles in Los Angeles it'll all make sense.

American here - we have a lot of family friends with kids who are very into “soccer” and are interested in seeing games abroad. I’m on the East Coast so it’s a shorter trip to London and generally families interested in football here are more affluent. Because the London Stadium is big, I know a lot of people end up there when they just want to see a game - they don’t necessarily have a specific team they support. Friends went there last year and ended up sitting next to long time Hammers who told them all kind of stories and taught them the songs and they came back to the US as fans for life. Not all tourists are terrible! And many I know are smart enough to know to behave and dress appropriately whatever side they sit with, even if they usually support another team (obviously support is more fluid here in the states).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.