tourists yesterday

bluebannana said:
the atmosphere is better when theres less tourists- ie people who don t actually support us like the sampdoria fans at the arsenal match last week. The tickets should be sold to proper blues who actually support us and 1 are willing to sing 2 actually care about the club

the atmosphere at games like blackburn, wigan, stoke are the best aways normally cos everyone is willing to sing and theres more regular working class blues , where as games like arsenal are usually terrible for atmosphere with more coporates and tourists

How exactly do you define "working class" as compared to higher classes? Background or current wealth?

coleridge said:
bluebannana said:
the atmosphere is better when theres less tourists- ie people who don t actually support us like the sampdoria fans at the arsenal match last week. The tickets should be sold to proper blues who actually support us and 1 are willing to sing 2 actually care about the club

the atmosphere at games like blackburn, wigan, stoke are the best aways normally cos everyone is willing to sing and theres more regular working class blues , where as games like arsenal are usually terrible for atmosphere with more coporates and tourists

There you go. Inverted snobbery at its best.

Did you ever consider that we had to players to win 6-1 yesterday on the basis of future revenues based on 'corporates and tourists'? Or maybe you think that the whole purpose of the club is for your mates and you to have a good laugh at away games. BTW I had a seaso for the Kippax in the third division and it was shite football despite the atmosphere being 'more real'.

No disrespect but we are not going to agree. I can see your point of view but it is not the reality for the club now. The same would be true of any club in the world in the situation that MCFC are in.

No I think the whole purpose of the club is to care about its fans, like any club should, that deosnt make me a snob. Maybe I want to see a club that caters actually for city fans. Its people like you who would probably justify £1000 season tickets saying its the way it is you should except it, the club have to make more money. Well this view is basically killing the game for most people as most cant or struggle to afford to go to games and views like your to just accept it are ridiculous. Look in germany there were weekly protests at prices going up from 10 pound to twenty over here we can pay anything from 40 upwards. and if your view is that we should just accept it and its fine is pretty sad and shows how morally wrong football has gone. I t youst to be a game for the masses to go to and watch on a saturday, now its becoming a game for the minority who can afford it. MONEY OVER ANYTHING BASCIALLY, WHICH IS WRONG. the club should take the initiative

bluebannana said:
coleridge said:
bluebannana said:

There you go. Inverted snobbery at its best.

Did you ever consider that we had to players to win 6-1 yesterday on the basis of future revenues based on 'corporates and tourists'? Or maybe you think that the whole purpose of the club is for your mates and you to have a good laugh at away games. BTW I had a seaso for the Kippax in the third division and it was shite football despite the atmosphere being 'more real'.

No disrespect but we are not going to agree. I can see your point of view but it is not the reality for the club now. The same would be true of any club in the world in the situation that MCFC are in.

No I think the whole purpose of the club is to care about its fans, like any club should, that deosnt make me a snob. Maybe I want to see a club that caters actually for city fans. Its people like you who would probably justify £1000 season tickets saying its the way it is you should except it, the club have to make more money. Well this view is basically killing the game for most people as most cant or struggle to afford to go to games and views like your to just accept it are ridiculous. Look in germany there were weekly protests at prices going up from 10 pound to twenty over here we can pay anything from 40 upwards. and if your view is that we should just accept it and its fine is pretty sad and shows how morally wrong football has gone. I t youst to be a game for the masses to go to and watch on a saturday, now its becoming a game for the minority who can afford it. MONEY OVER ANYTHING BASCIALLY, WHICH IS WRONG. the club should take the initiative

Thank you for your generalisations. 'People like you'. What on earth does that mean?

Anyway, I'll just focus on your tangential response. I never mentioned ticket prices. I was talking about the owners' ambitions whilst dealing with FFPR and the general G14 cartel [which Bayern Munich are part of]. I am sorry to tell you that money has always been involved in football. The masses that watch it, particularly in Europe, have also got relatively wealthier over the history of the game [despite recent set backs]. As I said, the game's for everyone and not just for 'Working Class Heroes'. Incidentally, I was born and raised in the back streets of South Manchester to a virtually penniless family. I used to walk to Maine Road and pay my 50p to stand to the Kippax as that was all I could afford to do. Since then, I've earned every penny I've ever got in my life and I am delighted that we are the richest club in the world. Long may it continue.

Quite frankly, I've no idea what you're on about now, and I suggest that you know who you're talking to before making such ridiculous assumptions. BTW I've still got my banana army badge somewhere.

stimo said:
out of interests who are all the regular faces? do people really recognise 3000 people? wonder if i am one of these faces

That's what I thought! I know a number of Blues who go to virtually every game home and away who certainly wouldn't consider the OP as a "usual face".

carlosthejackal said:
Tiresome, does our owner or the chairman count as tourists ?

Exactly. BTW just remembered. Maine Road was in the middle of a big student area at the time [70s/80s]. I had many teachers and lecturers over the years who usewd to say that they loved footy and would go to watch City whilst at uni, pay their money and cheer us on when we struggled to get 20k-odd. Fucking middle class tourist twats, hey? Swales in, tourists out, Arabs out, foreign players out, should I go on? Ludicrous...

BL2blue said:
stimo said:
out of interests who are all the regular faces? do people really recognise 3000 people? wonder if i am one of these faces

That's what I thought! I know a number of Blues who go to virtually every game home and away who certainly wouldn't consider the OP as a "usual face".
i am a regular face by definition i guess, only missed a couple this year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.