tourists yesterday

I find this debate interesting, despite it always coming up after an away game further than 30 miles away from Manchester.

I think a lot of people get the hump over the line 'tourist' because they feel as if they shouldn't be looked down upon just because they have other commitments in their lives than going to City.

But I don't think you know what OP means by 'tourist' unless you've attended games like Chelsea away for the past three seasons. These games have all sold out, and usually at a high number of points. In the top tier their has been about 100 people stood up at the back, but the bottom 5 rows are always filled with people who have nothing to do with City. Maybe these people are at every away game, and with a smaller allocation they are more noticable.

Two other subjects within this topic:

Where you're from. I don't really think it matters as long as long as you support the team. I've lived in Milton Keynes for over 20 years now, but I've got about 8300 points.

The 'faces'. City's regular away support isn't in the 1000's, so it's a bit like being at school - if you do this every weekend for years you know straight away who's a City regular and who's not, because you end up being in the same playground... oops I mean pub. Especially on the Euro trips. I couldn't even guess the number of City fans I'd recognise.

I live in London and I have all my life, my Dad was born a blue and raised in Manchester. I have a season ticket and travel up for every home game, and try and get to as many away games as possible, but sometimes I feel as if I get strange looks as I'm not a regular for away games. So I don't think that just because someone doesn't come to all the away games that they should be classed as a 'tourist'.
But on the other hand, imo if you are there, you have to have passion, never leave a game early, and sing your heart out.

liamctid said:
I find this debate interesting, despite it always coming up after an away game further than 30 miles away from Manchester.

I think a lot of people get the hump over the line 'tourist' because they feel as if they shouldn't be looked down upon just because they have other commitments in their lives than going to City.

But I don't think you know what OP means by 'tourist' unless you've attended games like Chelsea away for the past three seasons. These games have all sold out, and usually at a high number of points. In the top tier their has been about 100 people stood up at the back, but the bottom 5 rows are always filled with people who have nothing to do with City. Maybe these people are at every away game, and with a smaller allocation they are more noticable.

Two other subjects within this topic:

Where you're from. I don't really think it matters as long as long as you support the team. I've lived in Milton Keynes for over 20 years now, but I've got about 8300 points.

The 'faces'. City's regular away support isn't in the 1000's, so it's a bit like being at school - if you do this every weekend for years you know straight away who's a City regular and who's not, because you end up being in the same playground... oops I mean pub. Especially on the Euro trips. I couldn't even guess the number of City fans I'd recognise.
if this is who i think it is, did you hear about the latest addition to the blue alliance liam?

de niro said:
did anyone see any, i didn't. all the usual faces were there and for me you could easily see and feel the difference.

so did the players.

How exactly do "tourists" get the tickets when you need 5k+ loyalty points to get away tickets at all?

Haven't had time to read the whole thread, which seems yet another of an unending number of such threads.

However a look at the very first page shows yet again the automatic assumption that people of East Asian appearance must be "tourists".

As a person of Chinese "ethnicity", I realise more and more that whatever is said in reassurance, people such as myself will never be entirely welcome at Man.City, even if we can remember, as I can, the glorious team of 1968.

Pretty sad as, even if I don't claim to be a Man.City "fan" (and you'd seemingly have to be a white working-class Mancunian to even begin to qualify), I am certainly a sympathiser, and would love it if City won the premiership this year, of course thrashing United again in the process.

It's no comfort for me that I find such antagonism to "tourists" expressed on the boards of most of the large English football clubs.

Frank H said:
Haven't had time to read the whole thread, which seems yet another of an unending number of such threads.

However a look at the very first page shows yet again the automatic assumption that people of East Asian appearance must be "tourists".

As a person of Chinese "ethnicity", I realise more and more that whatever is said in reassurance, people such as myself will never be entirely welcome at Man.City, even if we can remember, as I can, the glorious team of 1968.

Pretty sad as, even if I don't claim to be a Man.City "fan" (and you'd seemingly have to be a white working-class Mancunian to even begin to qualify), I am certainly a sympathiser, and would love it if City won the premiership this year, of course thrashing United again in the process.

It's no comfort for me that I find such antagonism to "tourists" expressed on the boards of most of the large English football clubs.
Just remember mate its a minority who are saying this..

The cookie monster said:
Frank H said:

Just remember mate its a minority who are saying this..
Thanks. I know it's a minority, but it seems quite a sizeable minority, and a very vocal one.

I know that the majority of Man.City fans are not prejudiced bigots, but football as a whole seems unfortunately to attract such.

grunge said:
de niro said:
did anyone see any, i didn't. all the usual faces were there and for me you could easily see and feel the difference.

so did the players.

How exactly do "tourists" get the tickets when you need 5k+ loyalty points to get away tickets at all?
Because the club sell them to ticket agencies who'll pay top-whack then sell them to punters who'll pay even more to attend an attractive game. I'm convinced this happens, certainly for the games at the rags, Arsenal & Chelsea. A few times I've not got tickets for Chelsea when I get them for virtually every other game. Not so sure about Spurs.

I immediately get suspicious when the points totals for these games start very high or we only take a limited allocation. It'll never happen for games at Stoke & Wigan and wouldn't have happened for Norwich. That's why you will see plenty of people who have never seen City before at The Emirates & Stamford Bridge.

greenie_34 said:
Before we start slapping ourselves on the back, lets look at the countless season ticket holders shifting on their tickets for yesterday. Yes the support was fantastic, and had more of a manc flavour, but there were plenty of people still selling their tickets.
Well said, the high points people who know they won`t go to the game so sell `there` ticket on this forum or in the pub. By doing this they are stopping the next highest points earner from getting a ticket to protect there total, Then come over all superior when someone they don`t recognise is at a game. Stick your small minded shite up your arse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.