Traditionally 'Blue' Pubs

cant spell-dont care said:
Hu doesnt seem to be many does there. Any in or around fallowfield as i am moving there in september?

I used to watch the televised games in The Friendship. Was always a fair few blues in. You get a pretty big mixture of fans in most of the main Fallowfield bars though with students from all over the place.

Maintainin said:
billyscollyhurst said:
The Crown and Kettle on the corner of Oldham Road and Great Ancoats Street was a big,big blue pub for years until it was shut in 1989 after it was trashed on derby day and someone was killed.
Was 1990 after OT n' NOBODY was killed !

Correct sir, you beat me to it.

And the lad who got a shoeing was no shrinking violet either. But nice of his mates to leave him outside while they all legged it back in and he took the brunt of it. A Middleton rag as well he was.

1_barry_conlon said:
Maintainin said:

And the lad who got a shoeing was no shrinking violet either. But nice of his mates to leave him outside while they all legged it back in and he took the brunt of it. A Middleton rag as well he was.
BAZ EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS CORRECT,APART FROM THE RAG WAS FROM URMSTON.TRIED TO PORTRAY HIMSELF AS SOME INNOCENT BYSTANDER IN THE MEN,HIS MUM SAYING WHAT A GOOD BOY ETC ,A CITY LAD GOT A FEW YRS AFTER THIS ,AND IT WAS,NT HIM.

1_barry_conlon said:
Maintainin said:

He was from Droylsden.

fallowfield said:
m27 said:
Really? Amazing building that it really should be used for something.

Happy memories before we got banned anyway!!

never went in much but few times did so post match it def seemed to be a city lads place!

link here - is gonna be a Brown's Brasserie (never heard of em) - http://www.manchesterconfidential.c...-Stories/Browns-to-replace-crap-pub_11720.asp

Was one of missus's pubs for a while......'Browns' is simply another brand of current owners Mitchell & Butler, the pub/restaurant chain. (BASS as was...they sold the name when they sold the brewery and reverted to M&B which was it's original name in Brum)

Same chain as All Bar One, Toby, Harvester, Crown Carveries, Sizzlers, Goose, and Miller and Carter Steakhouses (usually down south, but really authentic Yank type places, worth a look) etc. Meet the new boss...same as the old boss.....

Reckon they will do the old building justice if it's a Browns....top end of market rather than say a Goose, lol.

Can't see it returning to a footie crowd though... :(

whipper said:
The Britannia on the top road Swinton,that's a blue pub.

I'm pretty sure the Cyprus Tavern used to be a blue pub in town.I know it's kicked off with the rags their.
jesus thats a blast from the past. Not been in there for years - seem to recall them doing some kind of alternative/punk night back in the 80's<br /><br />-- Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:51 pm --<br /><br />
warpig said:
leipzigblue said:
The Beech in Chorlton was always a Blue pub when I lived there.

too right it was, gone right down the swanney now though. changed hands, football got stopped, had a load of dicks descend on it and last I heard the new landlord had his licence revoked. Is up for sale at the minute. Shame

The Beech was a ok, the Trevor was better as was the Bowling. I use to drink in the Horse and Jockey. First pub i ever got thrown out of that was - for being underage (I was 17)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.