Trailer Time...

I'm here for it. I just hope half of it doesn't end up being all in their heads.

I just realised I wanted to comment on this bit, but you mentioning "The Batman" distracted me!

Personally, yes, I believe most of it has to be in his head as a coping mechanism.

That's why I said I feel it's 'treading water'.

I hope I'm wrong.

From what perspective as it's a quite general question?
If I remember right you're a big comic book fan so just wondering if you like the film. Sometimes the initial hype for a film makes people feel stronger about a film than after it's been out a while.

From my perspective I still enjoyed it second time round not in a cinema. Sound design really suffers when you watch it on a phone :( Didn't really enjoy the joker tease at the end though. It's way slower than I remember. Batman moves very slowly and deliberately when he's not fighting. It felt very 90's with the slightly pompous voice over and the approach to whatever mental illness Riddler has.

Do you feel warmly towards it?

If I remember right you're a big comic book fan so just wondering if you like the film. Sometimes the initial hype for a film makes people feel stronger about a film than after it's been out a while.

From my perspective I still enjoyed it second time round not in a cinema. Sound design really suffers when you watch it on a phone :( Didn't really enjoy the joker tease at the end though. It's way slower than I remember. Batman moves very slowly and deliberately when he's not fighting. It felt very 90's with the slightly pompous voice over and the approach to whatever mental illness Riddler has.

Do you feel warmly towards it?

Ooo!! You're gonna set me off with my analysis, so I will try and contain it!

Yes, I'm a HUGE comic book fan with 'The Batman' as my chosen subject! I think Matt Reeves has pretty much shot this film as I'd always seen 'The Bat' as a repressed individual. This was inspired by Frank Miller's re-focusing on the mind of 'Bruce Wayne' with 'Year One'. There are elements of 'Ego' in here as well, mind.

"Batman moves very slowly and deliberately when he's not fighting"

I LOVE Pattinson's version of 'Wayne'. He's a fan of the comic and, entirely, understood the assignment. I have to say the deliberate slowness of the character's actions just underpins the elevation of 'Wayne', in his mind, and ordinary men. Always studying, always suspicious, always, everywhere. Shows a complete lack of trust and has the need for control over every aspect.

With that said, how he dawdled up to 'Penguin' and studied him like an insect and before that how he confidently strode through the nest of cops in their own den was nothing short of a show of magnificent self confidence that he was 'different'. The rush of the reckless untested escape was brilliant for me!

The voiceover as "pompous"? Mm, kind of, but as I said, he thinks himself above the fray. I would say 'Bats' took a while to understand 'Riddler' through his own thinking, as I think he denied himself to be in the fray as well.

So, I'm gonna rein it in there. As you can tell, I love the film. 'Bat' has a world full of crazies with him being the one with a 'good heart', but only just. I think 'The Joker' will be altered a little bit. I think they have to show him as levels of genius rather than just a mad man, so it will be interesting what Reeves will have 'The Batman' do up against 'The Court of Owls' (only an opinion on pathway) too.

Sorry for going on as much as I did!!

Ooo!! You're gonna set me off with my analysis, so I will try and contain it!

Yes, I'm a HUGE comic book fan with 'The Batman' as my chosen subject! I think Matt Reeves has pretty much shot this film as I'd always seen 'The Bat' as a repressed individual. This was inspired by Frank Miller's re-focusing on the mind of 'Bruce Wayne' with 'Year One'. There are elements of 'Ego' in here as well, mind.

"Batman moves very slowly and deliberately when he's not fighting"

I LOVE Pattinson's version of 'Wayne'. He's a fan of the comic and, entirely, understood the assignment. I have to say the deliberate slowness of the character's actions just underpins the elevation of 'Wayne', in his mind, and ordinary men. Always studying, always suspicious, always, everywhere. Shows a complete lack of trust and has the need for control over every aspect.

With that said, how he dawdled up to 'Penguin' and studied him like an insect and before that how he confidently strode through the nest of cops in their own den was nothing short of a show of magnificent self confidence that he was 'different'. The rush of the reckless untested escape was brilliant for me!

The voiceover as "pompous"? Mm, kind of, but as I said, he thinks himself above the fray. I would say 'Bats' took a while to understand 'Riddler' through his own thinking, as I think he denied himself to be in the fray as well.

So, I'm gonna rein it in there. As you can tell, I love the film. 'Bat' has a world full of crazies with him being the one with a 'good heart', but only just. I think 'The Joker' will be altered a little bit. I think they have to show him as levels of genius rather than just a mad man, so it will be interesting what Reeves will have 'The Batman' do up against 'The Court of Owls' (only an opinion on pathway) too.

Sorry for going on as much as I did!!
Ha I write much longer reviews in the music thread so don't worry. I'm not a comic book reader so it's nice to hear the film does justice to "the fans". I enjoyed it a lot .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.