train tickets for final

borninm14 said:
No the final is not at 3pm.

Sorry if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that was the reason for moving all PL fixtures to the Sunday in order to remove any clashes with other 3pm games? I know last season's Final kicked off at 5-15pm but it caused a big backlash because of the travel problems for Liverpool fans heading back north after the match.

lancs blue said:
borninm14 said:
No the final is not at 3pm.

Sorry if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that was the reason for moving all PL fixtures to the Sunday in order to remove any clashes with other 3pm games? I know last season's Final kicked off at 5-15pm but it caused a big backlash because of the travel problems for Liverpool fans heading back north after the match.

100% a 5.30pm kick off.

I am sure Martin Lewis would commend you but there are far too many ifs, buts and maybe's for me in your scenario and to save £30 quid I'm not sure it's worth it!

Always makes me smile the quest to save a few quid. It's like a challenge, who can get it the cheapest.

Fan A going to European away flying direct into town on match from Manc airport ...flight time 2 hours cost £200. Max 2 days off work.

Fan B driving to stanstead at 3am in the morning to catch flight to airport 60 miles from town to then get a bus staying 4 days to save flight cost....etc etc travel time 16 hours cost £150. 4 days off work.

I know which one I prefer!

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
I am sure Martin Lewis would commend you but there are far too many ifs, buts and maybe's for me in your scenario and to save £30 quid I'm not sure it's worth it!

Always makes me smile the quest to save a few quid. It's like a challenge, who can get it the cheapest.

Fan A going to European away flying direct into town on match from Manc airport ...flight time 2 hours cost £200. Max 2 days off work.

Fan B driving to stanstead at 3am in the morning to catch flight to airport 60 miles from town to then get a bus staying 4 days to save flight cost....etc etc travel time 16 hours cost £150. 4 days off work.

I know which one I prefer!

I'd prefer to be at the semi final but it clashes with my daughters 2nd birthday,o got lucky with last semi as wife was out of hospital by time united game came,me saving that 30quid means if we get there then I can afford a ticket,be there it or tv? Know what I'd prefer

Can anyone who is claiming the kick off time, provide the rest of the thread with some kind of link backing them up?

Would hate to see people arranging (incorrect) transport based on a strongly worded post.

Cheers<br /><br />-- 14 Apr 2013, 19:37 --<br /><br />From the Wembley Stadium website:

screenshot20130414at193.png

http://wembleystadium.com/Events/2013/The-FA-Cup-Final-2013/The-FA-Cup-Final-2013

Sky have it as a 4pm kick off following Villa v Chavs.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/fixtures-results/11-may-2013" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/fixt ... 1-may-2013</a>

Never gone down to London on the train before but get really travel sick in the car/coach so am thinking about it. So you get free Tube access to Wembley and back too? For the return trip do you have to get on the train at a specific time or is it any time before they stop running? What site do you book on and do you pick up tickets at the station or print them out?

LoveCity said:
Never gone down to London on the train before but get really travel sick in the car/coach so am thinking about it. So you get free Tube access to Wembley and back too? For the return trip do you have to get on the train at a specific time or is it any time before they stop running? What site do you book on and do you pick up tickets at the station or print them out?

im on 9.30 going and 9pm back, but it is open ticket and inc tube £38.25, sent out and arrived next day via trainline, checked before and still have some left

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.