train tickets for final

AD4 said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
AD4 said:
I was on the 8.15 from Liverpool Lime Street to Euston, and got delayed for just over an hour as well due to signal failure. I'm sure they'll try and suggest it was just under an hour!!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.virgintrains.co.uk/contact/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.virgintrains.co.uk/contact/</a>

Can submit a claim via the link above for anyone else affected.

Thank fuck we were on the 2005hrs from Euston to Lime Street....We were booked on the 2120 which was due to get back in at 1205am to Runcorn but we really did pull a naughty scam to get on the 2005hrs which got us into Runcorn a 2200hrs. I wont be going into details but there you go.
Anyone wanting to know how long it takes to get back from Wembley to Euston. Took us about 1 hr yesterday

I was talking about the trip down in the morning mate!

I had an open return back to Liverpool Lime Street and got in at 9.27. They didn't check tickets either so it didn't get marked/taken and will still be valid for the final, and will only have to get a single down to London.
This coupled with the refund I should be getting for the delay in the morning means rather than costing me £100+ for travel for both games it's costing about £25 max. RESULT.

Gotcha..We got delayed going down by 40mins...

bojinov29 said:
How easy is it to get from wembley back to euston? Just wondering whether to book these tickets with the last train of the night at 21:00 hrs.
A nightmare crammed and hot no room at all, lots of pushing and shoving to get on the trains and lots of queuing outside to even get in the station.....needless to say I am staying over for the final, just booked to stay in St. Albans

The journey down and to wembley central from Euston was fine though as there wasn't the caos that ensued after

big blueballs said:
bojinov29 said:
How easy is it to get from wembley back to euston? Just wondering whether to book these tickets with the last train of the night at 21:00 hrs.
A nightmare crammed and hot no room at all, lots of pushing and shoving to get on the trains and lots of queuing outside to even get in the station.....needless to say I am staying over for the final, just booked to stay in St. Albans

The journey down and to wembley central from Euston was fine though as there wasn't the caos that ensued after

I found it dead easy. Got on at Wembley Park, waited five minutes for Met line back to Euston Square. Unfortunately this one terminated a couple of stops along at Baker Street, so then waited for the next one a few minutes later. Not much longer than 30 minutes I would've thought.

Having to regularly use the Metrolink makes the Underground seem an absolute dream.

Last train from Euston to Piccadily is 100% at 2100hrs.

I haven't checked trains to Warrington, Runcorn etc but I excpect similar times.

I believe someone has emailed virigin to see if there will be extra trains put on after this time (if they dont then I cant see how all the fans are going to get home unless they drive or go on the coach which really isn't ideal.

A 3pm kick off would be ideal but it isn't going to happen. As many know it will be between 1700-1730hrs,

Shafting football fans yet again.

Just checked train times - Last train to Warrington is 2031hrs....
Last train to Runcorn is 2011hrs....
Last train to Piccadily 2100hrs....

Absolutely no chance of getting these if its a 5-15-5.30 kick off with extra time IMO.

Lets hope Virgin put some extra trains on

Never left a City game early before but some of these posts are making me think I might have to to avoid being stranded in London. But there will be thousands using the trains who risk the same thing, surely Virgin have to consider later trains?

Went down on the Thomas cook train last time was very good
E-mailed them today and they said they wouldnt be putting on any trains as there was planned maintanance
The wembley website says allow 2.50 mins for extra time and penalties and thats not even including the presentation ..... so for a 5.30 k.o you wouldnt be leaving the stadium till 20.20 at the earliest ..... no chance of making euston for the last 21.00 train

cpa said:
..... no chance of making euston for the last 21.00 train

this is a disgrace - lets hope we get the same positive press coverage (for us and Wigan) on this issue as we got on the Arse ticket price.

If the match is a late kick off, Virgin will put on later trains I'm sure of it. They won't leave thousands from both sides stranded in London, there's no engineering works.

Im on the train 6:55 - 21:00.

Also booked megabus back for £5 at 23:30 just incase i miss the train.

Halfpenny said:
If the match is a late kick off, Virgin will put on later trains I'm sure of it. They won't leave thousands from both sides stranded in London, there's no engineering works.
After 9pm trains are diverted via Northampton between Milton Keynes and Rugby, this would add to the journey time and probably limit the number of extra trains they could run.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.virgintrains.co.uk/updates/may/#travelUpdatesForm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.virgintrains.co.uk/updates/m ... pdatesForm</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.