Training Today 17.8.10

wearethesouthstand said:
the goats backside said:
Maybe RM isnt talking to these 2 either now

theres no way adebayor would mis-understand a training time, why would he ? he speaks and reads perfect english...prob been in for a chat about their future with RM
to me, ibra in and one of robi/ade out to inter still a possible before end of the window

i find it amazing that a guy with nearly a 1000 posts can speculate like you are mate.

RM didn't turn up until after 11am and Adebayor was in and out in 10 minutes by around 10.30, he didn't even get out of his car!

So just back from Carrington after a full training session starting after 3pm.No Boateng or Kolarov.I did ask about them and there was no enthusiasm either would be available for Monday but equally nothing like Kolarov being out for 3 months as I have just read in another thread on here.

Also no Robinho but Kidd said he was doing gym work inside.They all started behind the fencing with Mancini doing the usual stuff with the whole squad moving around the pitch in formations.Then outside for all the fans to see them doing the keepball circles.

The keepers had been out early as always and were using the rebound wall but I forgot to mention yessterday that one of the first things they did was to work on distribution. Receving the ball in various circumstances and controlling if needed but basically looking to clear the ball and find a player.Spot on for Joe as we all know.

After the keep ball circles they moved onto a pass and move session in a big square just as yesterday. Fairly competitive and it ended with one player needing some treatment , Yaya but he was fine in a few minutes.It was after this they split into 2 groups again with one going behind the fence to work with Mancini ( possibly the team for the next match!) and the rest just ticking over in the circles again. Mancini was working mostly to start with on defensive play from corners and free kicks and a big part of that was about breaking quickly when we won the ball.

The first group he worked with on this had Zaba at right full back and Lescott on the left.The switch of players behind the curtain also changed to focus on attacking play and had SWP on the left,AJ on the right and with Jo in the middle behind Ade. Who knows if any of this gives clues into the next 2 matches?

Then it was back for some old fashioned exercises for stretching and working the muscles before they finished with a game on half a pitch.It only lasted for 10 or 15 minutes but it was a strong game with no quarter given.Within reason of course as they were not wearing shin pads but it was quite physical and Carminati laughed when I said it was a strong session.

Silva simply bounced off Yaya in one collision but it was Vinnie who stood out most in all sorts of challenges. He left Weiss , SWP and a couple of others in no doubt who was boss.He was really meaning it.Balotelli was quiet and to be honest looked like the new guy feeling his way and getting to know the players and what it is all about.

When all the rest had gone in Ade and Mario did a little shooting practice at Joe ( with Micah watching on) Joe was the winner but both did manage to beat him at least once. Again Mario showed what a fierce shot he has and when I joked with Joe how powerful it was he laughed and said " yeah and I have been abusing him too" They would have gone on for a while I think but were told to end by the keeper coach but Mancini,Kidd and Platt had also been warching closely.It will be interesting to see who takes the free kicks in and around the box this season.

Prior to the training starting I was shown a picture of Joe taking his trousers off in the car park!! Why he had done that I have no idea but as there were plenty of cameras around it should be no surprise that a few got the picture.Quite a bizzare picture really but the photographer who showed it to me is the one decent one amongst a real rabble so hopefully it won't be used in a bad way. She had been there since quite early in the morning and at 3 ,just before they had come out, she disappeared behind the bushes for a call of nature. It was a fairly quiet yelp a few seconds later when she got a nettle sting:) Oh the fun of training at Carrington.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
mkblue said:
but it was Vinnie who stood out most in all sorts of challenges. He left Weiss , SWP and a couple of others in no doubt who was boss.

get the fecking arm band on this guy pronto,
have thought he should be the skipper from about two months into his tenure
smart, tough, competitive...what more do you want?

squirtyflower said:
get the fecking arm band on this guy pronto,

me too mate, the moment i saw him put richards in his place at home to west ham 08 i thought the same..... he is actually starting, and i wont go over the top, but remind me of a young wio, only better.... he's harder in the tackle, more vocal and 10 x more dominant, no surprise though, he has been talked about as world class since he was 18, just believe he is now reaping the benefits of stability. By all accounts he is also one of mancinis fav's.

squirtyflower said:

me too mate, the moment i saw him put richards in his place at home to west ham 08 i thought the same..... he is actually starting, and i wont go over the top, but remind me of a young wio, only better.... he's harder in the tackle, more vocal and 10 x more dominant, no surprise though, he has been talked about as world class since he was 18, just believe he is now reaping the benefits of stability. By all accounts he is also one of mancinis fav's.
i'll not forget the bollocking he gave richards (now that's a coincidence) at schalke and richards tried to act as billy big bollocks then vinnie gave it him again
one of the most intelligent players we possess
his lack of improvement could be down to the disruption caused by his toe injury that was diagnosed properly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.