Training YES! Training Today 22nd December

gman07 said:
Cheers NMT... been waiting a couple of hours to read this...thanks!!! and finally we get some training on how to work as a unit defensively...

The difference isn't the routines they did , which are the same or simliar to before , but that they only had the defence and mifdfield players out there at the time.

Nice one Neil. Great stuff as ever. The players and management might change but you and DH are always there!

I'd like to make it down but unfortunately we don't all have 4x4's...

;-)

I always enjoy these reports and esp. now in exiting times! Would have been there myself if it werent for the fact that I live in Norway:-)

Thank you! Makes my day, every day, reading your trainingreports:-)

dbsmcfc said:
last time we played 4-3-3 we got destroyed by Spurs

You define clueless my friend, we played an out and out 4-4-2 with Ireland out of position on the right and Robinho out of position on the left. Hence the reason Slyvinho was torn to pieces by Lennon, since he was left glaringly exposed by Robinho since he was AWOL from the left flank following his tendency to drift centrally and further forward. Which to a novice's eyes who clearly took Andy Gray's consistently wrong pre-match formation as gospel could have appeared as a 4-4-3.

However, believe it or not we were a shambles of a 4-4-2, a team of individuals berift of discipline, all thrown together in the league's single most talented badly organised side.

It epitomised Leslie's reign, and I'm delighted to see the back of it.

All hail Mancini - a genuine tactician of the game who'll undoubtedly form our side into a unit, for the first time since Sven was in charge.

Neil McNab's Tash said:
blue ranger said:
Quality m8. Sat will be interesting. I know a week a short time but wondering if we will see immediate defensive improvement. is garrido involved, personally rate him above sylvinho.

It was funny actually, they were moving like, like a table football team is the easiest way to describe it, if the ball went one way then all 4 defenders and the 3 midfielders, who were in formation in front of them, would work in line with each other.

The 4/5 defenders were Zab, Kolo, VK and this is the funny thing both Garrido and Silvinho doing the drill at left back, Silvinho sat a little bit of the session at the end and Garrido then did the drill in the back 4.

The 3 midfielders were SI, NDJ and Barry.

Good sign that george graham used to do something similar with a rope attatched to the back four so they had to move as a unit(like a table football team) i believe it prevents gaps developing between the fb's and cb's and prevents players playing everyone onside, one thing about our defence is the amount of bad organisation and huge gaps appearing between defenders and the defence and midfiled, will take alot of work though, least he appears to be getting his prioritys right

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.