Training YES! Training Today 22nd December

TFC said:
mancitytmdanttom said:
Def Ade - THinks he will want to prove he's the no 1 striker with the new manager - And not being funny - My Dog could have scored Santas efforts against Sunderland

Got to be there to score em mate, not sure if your dog has the positional sense it takes....

;)

You've not seem my dog mate LOL

Zab, Kolo, VK, Sylvinho
Ireland, NDJ, Barry

Sounds inline with Mancini's preferred formation: 4-3-1-2

I'm guessing:

Zab, Kolo, VK, Sylvinho
Ireland, NDJ, Barry
----Robinho----
Bellers, Tevez

Not sure about the strikers but does sound like a 4-3-1-2 to me...

Neil McNab's Tash said:
Got out of the house early as housework was on the agenda, if i didn't move sharpish.

Me and Tash Jnr got to Carrington about 10.15 and training was already under way, albeit behind the iron curtain.

I climbed up the gate and watched until i was asked to get down. Ricster has asked if i could point out any differences between the old regime and the new, well there was a very obvious change today, they were in two groups, Defenders and Midfield together and the group of strikers.

When i got there i was worried that the strikers had done one as they weren't out, after some very interesting drills in movement and passing between the defence and midfield, they went in, i believe into the gym for some more work and for a warm up, the strikers then came out and again whilst basic drills and similar to what the old regime were doing they were working on breaking quickly and what happens in different scenarios.

When the security guard disappeared i climbed up again and saw a very animated conversation between Kidd, Mancini and his mate, sorry i will get to know his name i'm sure, there were jestures about movement and facing the play, they all seemed to be getting on really well from what i saw, very interesting.

The strikers went in and the midfielders and defenders came out again, onto some fitness work and skills, dribbling etc.
Had to bail out then as young NMT was freezing and had gone back to the car, i presume the strikers would have come out and done the same, although the weather was seriously attrocious. The spirit seems decent, there isn't as much vocal as there was under the previous management but Mancini does seem to be able to communicate well enough for the players to understand.

NMT

Thanks for answering my question from yesterday. Really appreciate it.

Neil McNab's Tash said:
blue ranger said:
Quality m8. Sat will be interesting. I know a week a short time but wondering if we will see immediate defensive improvement. is garrido involved, personally rate him above sylvinho.

It was funny actually, they were moving like, like a table football team is the easiest way to describe it, if the ball went one way then all 4 defenders and the 3 midfielders, who were in formation in front of them, would work in line with each other.

The 4/5 defenders were Zab, Kolo, VK and this is the funny thing both Garrido and Silvinho doing the drill at left back, Silvinho sat a little bit of the session at the end and Garrido then did the drill in the back 4.

The 3 midfielders were SI, NDJ and Barry.
It's quite clear then that we are going to be playing 4-3-3 under Mancini. Also, when asked about formations in the press conference, 4-3-3 was the first one he mentioned. Get in!

DontLookBackInAnger said:
I wonder do we have any players that speak Italian, that would really help alot, I might be wrong but I don't think we do.

Spanish and Italian are not so different mate, they can understand each other in native tongue like we can understand Mancini's broken english, i.e "we will arrive in top 4" lol class :-) but we know what he means.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.