Training YES! Training Today 22nd December

hilts said:
Neil McNab's Tash said:
It was funny actually, they were moving like, like a table football team is the easiest way to describe it, if the ball went one way then all 4 defenders and the 3 midfielders, who were in formation in front of them, would work in line with each other.

The 4/5 defenders were Zab, Kolo, VK and this is the funny thing both Garrido and Silvinho doing the drill at left back, Silvinho sat a little bit of the session at the end and Garrido then did the drill in the back 4.

The 3 midfielders were SI, NDJ and Barry.

Good sign that george graham used to do something similar with a rope attatched to the back four so they had to move as a unit(like a table football team) i believe it prevents gaps developing between the fb's and cb's and prevents players playing everyone onside, one thing about our defence is the amount of bad organisation and huge gaps appearing between defenders and the defence and midfiled, will take alot of work though, least he appears to be getting his prioritys right
Great post,Fulham play like this too and very succesfully with a load of average players!

Sounds very positive hopefully the formation will be a 4-3-3. Would like to see Macini keep Bellamy and Santa Cruz in the team as they deserved to be and played alot better against Sunderland than Adebayor and Robinho have this season.

Also agree with the Garrido comment could not believe how many time i shouted angrily at Slyvinho against Sunderland

I assume the splitting up thing won't entail all of every session. I think it is important to have good relationships throughout the squad and training together is a key part of that.

Good to hear he is working on our obvious weakness. To expand on the table football comment, was there a hint that we could move to a zonal marking system?

Great post NMT! I've been looking forward to reading this all day.

It sounds like we're on our way to an organised back four.

I reckon-

--------------Given-----------------
Zab----Toure--------Kompany---Silvinho
---Ireland-----Dejong------Barry------
-------------Robinho----------------
---------Tevez-------Ade------------

Thank you NMT - best posts on this site - I just hope other teams don't read this

Maybe throw in a few swerve balls every now and again

Cheers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.