Trains

Manchestercitychorlton said:
welcometomanchester said:
117 M34 said:
You could get the train from Bramhall at 7:54 and get in to Salford crescent before 9.

<a class="postlink" href="http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/timesandfares/BML/SLD/tomorrow/0711/dep" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/t ... w/0711/dep</a>
this is what I do but train always late cause how busy and with a ten min walk to my building I'm always 10 mins late.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.traveline-northwest.co.uk/journeyplanner/showJourneyDetailsPage.do?rid=1320013180818&hss=zfhK847699171" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.traveline-northwest.co.uk/jo ... K847699171</a>

gets you there 13 mins early.
cheers mate but lets be honest the traffic at that time will be a nightmare. But maybe worth a try.

117 M34 said:
You could get the train from Bramhall at 7:54 and get in to Salford crescent before 9.

<a class="postlink" href="http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/timesandfares/BML/SLD/tomorrow/0711/dep" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/t ... w/0711/dep</a>
well that train wasn't running last week after they changed it. But cheers mate, worth a go.

goatinho said:
I go to salford uni. I live in bramhall. so there is a train into salford cresant at like 50 mins to or something like that, and thats every hour. So i get a train from bramhall at 7.58. A hour early would be a train at half 6, then a train at 7.50 in town.
I know for a fact there at are least 2 or 3 trains an hour from picc to Salford crescent and the same from Victoria.
at 8 in the morning. Prove it.
thats not including ones from victoria which a 15minute walk accross town from piccadilly.
come on its not hard.
students just love to moan about the hardships of life. i bet your skint aswell eh?

I'm at uni in Liverpool and am still living in Manchester, commute to Liverpool when I'm in. Had no problems at all with the trains.

FlyBe do Edinburgh-Manchester flights for hardly anything.

National Express and Megabus too are OK if you get the overnight buses.

Train's nearly always the most expensive of the three, your best bet is getting yourself to Leeds or Darlington and getting the East Coast.

I travelled Edinburgh-Manchester and back 3/4 times a month for 10 years, I miss it actually.

For the pass couple of years I have gone to Manchester from Glasgow return by National Express.

Going down to heywood again at the end of Nov £12.50 return, leaves Glasgow 1100 gets into Chorlton St bus station at 1620 ( never been late), coming back leave 1240 into Glasgow 1800 again never been late.

I should imagine it will be the same times ish, hope that helps a damn sight cheaper than the train.

nobby_31

I have just binned my Season Ticket and requested a refund, bought a car and will now drive to work.

I have caught the trains reguarly for the last 3/4 years and it has gotten too much. As the OP says, you pay the same price for a ticket regardless of whether you experience any form of comfort. The train has to be running over an hour late for you to get a refund (although if you are a season ticket holder you dont... you get avaeraged out for the whole year with the TOC deciding whether they think they are punctual enough).

The problem I have with it all is if you dont like the service, you cant get a different service you're stuck with whoever operates on that line, so if there are any problems, you still have to pay them for the (dis)pleasure of the quite frankly god awful service.

If the government want Public Transport to be a viable option, then they need to do something to sort the service out, I for one will now be a single person commuter, clogging up the roads. And I feel shit for being driven to it!!

goatinho said:
goatinho said:
I know for a fact there at are least 2 or 3 trains an hour from picc to Salford crescent and the same from Victoria.
at 8 in the morning. Prove it.
thats not including ones from victoria which a 15minute walk accross town from piccadilly.
come on its not hard.
students just love to moan about the hardships of life. i bet your skint aswell eh?

Plus the ticket will usually include travel on the Met from Picc to Victoria.....so you wouldnt have to walk! From there they are (the ones I get) 8:00, 8:03, 8:10 and 8:25 as I remember.

PS what building do you go to at Salford that is ten mins away? Adelphi is ten mins max.......if you are a sloth.

MCC said:
Get a bus to Stockport. Plenty of trains from there into town.
its not getting into town thats easy. its the train from manchester to salford. there is only 1 a hour. and it is always FULL of students. would make sense to run 2 a hour or even a bus?
That is absolutely bollocks.

There are 2, 3 or even 4 trains an hour from Picc/OxRd/Deansgate up til 11pm on a week day. You can walk from Piccadilly station to Salford Uni in 30 minutes. Less if you get the Metrolink across town to Market Street and walk from there. There are two regular, frequent bus services from Piccadilly Gardens to Salford Crescent.

Not to mention the rest of them that go from Victoria/Shudehill.

You should try going in the opposite direction, it's FULL of commuters before it even gets to Crescent. And by full, I mean you can't even get on it sometimes, often because they're ignorant twats and won't move down the train no matter how loud you shout at them, and a lot of idiots congregate near the doors just because they're getting off three stops later. As a tall bloke, I relish the morning shove. Get with it and start shouting at people, and just stick out your elbows as you pass if they won't move. And then do it again as you get off at the next stop. It's liberating and very funny.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.