Tram on Sunday to Etihad

The queues were so large that it was actually 8.20pm by the time we got back to Shudehill last night, and we left the ground bang on the final whistle one hour earlier.

My legs still work so I'll take the half hour stroll rather than waste an hour in future.

Brilliant.

Caught the Pendolino train from Stockport, arrived at Piccadilly Station, straight on to the tram, arrived at the ground within 5-10 minutes. All in all the complete journey may have taken 20 minutes?

Coming back was a little longer as it wasn't a Pendolino train. Cracking time on the tram going back to Piccadilly Station. Plenty of room on the tram and plenty of City songs.

Went to City Sq after the game for a beer then in theory to catch a tram...queue was still large so walked over to Oldham Rd and caught a bus (30 mins wait) to Oldham.

On Friday I had to wait 35 mins for a tram into town to meet friends at 18:00 from Oldham (from what all the posters say they must have taken 2 off on the bounce).

Public transport is shit and always has been.

DD said:
The queues were so large that it was actually 8.20pm by the time we got back to Shudehill last night, and we left the ground bang on the final whistle one hour earlier.

My legs still work so I'll take the half hour stroll rather than waste an hour in future.
Came out 5 mins from the end on the tram into picc train station for the 7-45 train to chesterfield no probs.

Seems funny that those posting on here who left before the final whistle had no problems getting a tram.
Those who left with the other 40 odd thousand at the end of the game and descended on the tram stop had to wait a few minutes, wow, maybe they should get you your own personal tram

bluwes said:
Seems funny that those posting on here who left before the final whistle had no problems getting a tram.
Those who left with the other 40 odd thousand at the end of the game and descended on the tram stop had to wait a few minutes, wow, maybe they should get you your own personal tram

You've got it the wrong way around mate, 40 odd thousand left before the final whistle, the other six thousand stayed til the end.

bluwes said:
I left 5 mins before the end to catch my 7-45 train mate at 5-0 up ffs,also 40 odd thousand left at the end did they and only had to wait a few minutes more i dont think so.

xgorton said:
bluwes said:
I left 5 mins before the end to catch my 7-45 train mate at 5-0 up ffs,also 40 odd thousand left at the end did they and only had to wait a few minutes more i dont think so.

eh?.so your saying the rest shouldn't have to wait at all. I am confused, mind you I am stupid

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.