Tram Question

Tram system a great idea but in practise it is awful. You frequently only get single units after a match whch is frankly stupid if not down right dangerous.

No wonder people are fleeing their seats with ten minutes to go.

If you are prepared to be herded in the sheep pens then it can still be quicker than getting the bus or walking but it is not a pleasant experience. Queueing in the left lane means you have to filter in with the people who have bought season tickets so the right hand lane is better.

For the Scums matches at Old Toilet they bring out empty double units from the adjacent depot and so clear the fans far more efficiently.

Coming into Victoria is turning into a shitheap of a journey.
Today , off the train, walk to Turks Head.
Drink beer. No trams from Shudehill as the stop is closed for maintenance.
Walk to Market St.
Get the tram to St Peter's Sq.
I'll have a beer then I'll get the tram through to the ground.
Currently doing this trip all the time due to the fact that if you come via Victoria, Metrolink do not operate a service to Ashton.
Getting on the tram at Piccadilly Gardens is a nightmare. You literally have to push your way on. How disabled people and those with kids or even people going about their everyday business cope is beyond me.
I've phoned Metrolink 5 times to complain about it.
They insist that they cannot alter the schedule of that well known commuter line that is Rochdale to Didsbury.
Fucking joke.

This is from the Tfgm Twitter feed.
e8f547e00691078ab445fc9e801e6602.jpg

Coming into Victoria is turning into a shitheap of a journey.
Today , off the train, walk to Turks Head.
Drink beer. No trams from Shudehill as the stop is closed for maintenance.
Walk to Market St.
Get the tram to St Peter's Sq.
I'll have a beer then I'll get the tram through to the ground.
Currently doing this trip all the time due to the fact that if you come via Victoria, Metrolink do not operate a service to Ashton.
Getting on the tram at Piccadilly Gardens is a nightmare. You literally have to push your way on. How disabled people and those with kids or even people going about their everyday business cope is beyond me.
I've phoned Metrolink 5 times to complain about it.
They insist that they cannot alter the schedule of that well known commuter line that is Rochdale to Didsbury.
Fucking joke.
That's bonkers mate. Get the 216 bus from outside Morrisons opposite Picc. Gardens. Takes 10 mins in and they are every 5 mins. £2 or get a pass if it works out cheaper.

Don't use our service.... unbelievable.
No it's not. They are trying to encourage people in Manchester to use all methods of transport.

Cars out:

Foot, Bike, Bus, Tram, Train in

It does not work for the elderly who need the car, but for those who live in Manchester it is great. City looks great without cars jammed on Deansgate and Oxford Rd. It's a pleasure to live in Manchester at the moment. Do you think all those skyscrapers going up have a car for every flat?

I try to avoid the tram to the game as it is packed, to the point of dangerous and a shoving pushing free for all. Yesterday i made the mistake of getting off the tram from Altrincham at Cornbrook as it was showing one minute for an Ashton tram so I thought why not? One carriage turned up and we were crammed like sardines before we even left. Of course every stop more and more tried to get on, while poor sods trying to get off had an almost impossible task. It was hell.

On match days why can't every tram that calls into Piccadilly just do the extra few stops to the ground? I think after the stadium stop they can turn the tram around anyway then pick up the scheduled service. Sure it is a bit of delay elsewhere but we may only be talking a three hour window, from midday until three pm, every other week. Also put double carriages on. I am not sure how many years we have had the tram going to the stadium but it is still a shambles.

It’s ok getting the tram to the ground, but my god it’s a waste of time trying to get them back to town. One carriage every ten minutes or so yesterday. Your better off walking

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.