Transfer Strategy

Scoring 5 against Norwich doesn’t concern me, it’s tight games against top European teams where the need for an and out striker will be most obvious.

We can’t rely on Gundogan being our top scorer again.

Why are you concerned about tight European games when we got all the way to the Champions League Final last year?

If you are referring to that one game in the season I seem to remember that the popular theory at the time was that the problem was that we played without a holding midfielder for the first time in the season.

This idea that we lost because we were lacking a striker is a recent revision in order to lambast the people that have that brought us a squad that won 3 of the last 4 premier league titles, took us within a game of the Champions League and won a record equalling 4th consecutive League Cup and has won more than any other English club in the last few years.

It is quite sad to see that sections of our fan base are already as entitled and arrogant as those the 'istree clubs.

I don’t like referring to the old Scottish git from the swamp but his recruitment was good (emphasise the WAS, it went a bit too Phil Jones in the later years). In the pursuit of a needed striker he identified Ruud van Nistelrooy but pulled out after a worrying medical. The player then subsequently suffered a related injury which the rags waited for the Dutchman to recover from before a renewed bid 12 months later. I think it is fair to say the move was successful.

The point I am making is that they didn’t go for an alternative they waited a year until they got the striker they needed, it was the right thing to do then and it is the right thing to do now. We all know there is a great candidate for the role at the Etihad plying his trade in the Bundesliga that will be available next summer, it looks like Real are invested in Mbappé so by my reckoning that leaves us, Bayern and PSG in the running. Good odds? We’ll see. Right call? We’ll see.
But they already had cover in strikers whereas we don’t I mean if anything happens to any of our supposed strikers we are fucked .

But they already had cover in strikers whereas we don’t I mean if anything happens to any of our supposed strikers we are fucked .
It was a different era, 2 wingers, 2 DMs and a rotating array of 4 strikers. We won the league by 12 points playing a false 9 last season, it’s a gamble but a calculated one.

Messi and ronaldo went were messi and ronaldo wanted to go, Haaland will go next year . Pep obviously didn’t fancy Lukaku who probably wanted chelsea anyway. You wanted something shiny to show off and are now looking for someone to blame. Tough. You can throw words like incompetent and negligent about all you like. The trophies and team on the pitch prove otherwise.
You can throw words around like “something shiny” all you want because I’ve never once said that you pleb.

Why are you concerned about tight European games when we got all the way to the Champions League Final last year?

If you are referring to that one game in the season I seem to remember that the popular theory at the time was that the problem was that we played without a holding midfielder for the first time in the season.

This idea that we lost because we were lacking a striker is a recent revision in order to lambast the people that have that brought us a squad that won 3 of the last 4 premier league titles, took us within a game of the Champions League and won a record equalling 4th consecutive League Cup and has won more than any other English club in the last few years.

It is quite sad to see that sections of our fan base are already as entitled and arrogant as those the 'istree clubs.
And for the first time in history won the domestic treble. Never been done. Yup .......you can be sure if we played in red there'd be a lot more about that achievement.

My priorities in the next 2 windows (assuming we don’t get anything before Tuesday)
1. LB (presuming Mendy never plays for us again)
2. DM (Ferna moves into coaching)
3. RB (need to prepare for when Kyle finishes at Right back)
4. CF (give Torres/Delap a season - you never know)

two of them are injured just now yet we still seem to be scraping through.

Jesus
Grealish
Silva
Gundogan
Mahrez
De Bruyne
Sterling
Torres
Foden

all of them perfectly capable of 10+ goals per season. 9 excellent players for 5 slots.

My priorities in the next 2 windows (assuming we don’t get anything before Tuesday)

We could do two now? Bissouma and nuno Mendes has two problem areas locked down for years to come? Surely we have the cash?

Fixed that for you :)

Innocent or not he is finished

two of them are injured just now yet we still seem to be scraping through.

Jesus
Grealish
Silva
Gundogan
Mahrez
De Bruyne
Sterling
Torres
Foden

all of them perfectly capable of 10+ goals per season. 9 excellent players for 5 slots.
10 if Bernardo stays plus Delap maybe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.