Transfer Strategy

If you judge our success in the transfer market by being first up on MOTD then you’re a sausage.
I think you are being a bit obtuse.
I am judging our need for a striker by the actual number of goals scored. It is completely bizarre timing to be moaning about the lack of a new striker when have just scored 10 goals in two games.

I am judging our need for a striker by the actual number of goals scored. It is completely bizarre timing to be moaning about the lack of a new striker when have just scored 10 goals in two games.
Reality check Norwich and Arsenal, in the bigger games we will struggle

Scoring 5 against Norwich doesn’t concern me, it’s tight games against top European teams where the need for an and out striker will be most obvious.

We can’t rely on Gundogan being our top scorer again.

I wouldnt swap Torres or Jesus for Messi or Ronaldo at this stage of their careers and Haaland's move is clearly on the cards for next summer rather than now.
Who says we’d have to swap any of them? There’s a glaring big space in the squad alongside both of them

Reality check Norwich and Arsenal, in the bigger games we will struggle
Agreed but I would think Tuchel, German Jaws . Wee Olie and even Wee Davie all believe if we finish above the Dirty Arab Blues we win the title.

City’s strategy is to play hard ball so that we don’t get our pants taken down and arse doesn’t then get smacked. We will not be taken as mugs. Really we shouldn’t be paying 150 million for 28 year olds. We usually buy potential and develop it. Served us well over the years we have got more right than wrong.

Who says we’d have to swap any of them? There’s a glaring big space in the squad alongside both of them
Messi and ronaldo went were messi and ronaldo wanted to go, Haaland will go next year . Pep obviously didn’t fancy Lukaku who probably wanted chelsea anyway. You wanted something shiny to show off and are now looking for someone to blame. Tough. You can throw words like incompetent and negligent about all you like. The trophies and team on the pitch prove otherwise.

You said "better than" not as well as.

I honestly don't get why anyone would think not signing Ronaldo is a failure on our part. United have committed £75m in fee and wages for someone who is still going to be on their books just shy of his 39th birthday. Why would we be stupid enough to better that offer? Not only that but going forward is one part of the pitch where they have some decent options whose progress he's going to block. The only thing that's annoyed me about him ending up there is the endless crowing about how it's going to turn them into title contenders, but that'll make it all the more sweeter when they fail. It's yet more reactive business from United and it never works out well for them.

There isn't an endless supply of strikers who would improve us. We wanted Kane, we couldn't get him. As a plan B, carrying on with the squad that's apparently so glaringly lacking that it won the league and reached the CL final last year is better than wasting £40m on a category B player just to spare our transfer team's blushes.

I agree that the addition of a striker is an obvious area in the squad that needs to be addressed but if there's nobody available right now you can make the case that it's probably smarter to keep our powder dry for now. People saying that our recruitment is shit and people need to lose their jobs is way overboard. We've had more hits than misses over the years and just as importantly, our ability to retain world class players is second to none.

Last edited:
Messi and ronaldo went were messi and ronaldo wanted to go, Haaland will go next year . Pep obviously didn’t fancy Lukaku who probably wanted chelsea anyway. You wanted something shiny to show off and are now looking for someone to blame. Tough. You can throw words like incompetent and negligent about all you like. The trophies and team on the pitch prove otherwise.
What a post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.