Transition season excuse

I think fans just want City to beat Utd and rebuild. I don't think many City fans are saying it's hopeless.

We do beat Utd, very regularly.

The other day we didn't as they deservedly beat us.

Shit happens, fans need to learn how to deal with defeat without resorting to the everything is now shit and needs to be replaced mantra.

Shit happens, fans need to learn how to deal with defeat without resorting to the everything is now shit and needs to be replaced mantra.
I don’t think the acknowledgement that a rebuild is required is in response to losing a derby. It’s in response to the season as a whole. The signs have been there long before last weekend. To be honest, not realising we need to make changes to try to maintain our levels going forward, would be bizarre. There’s nothing wrong in saying we need to rebuild the team. Rebuilds can actually be very exciting. Depends how well we do it!

I don’t think the acknowledgement that a rebuild is required is in response to losing a derby. It’s in response to the season as a whole. The signs have been there long before last weekend. To be honest, not realising we need to make changes to try to maintain our levels going forward, would be bizarre. There’s nothing wrong in saying we need to rebuild the team. Rebuilds can actually be very exciting. Depends how well we do it!

The season isn't over, its December.

I remember well similar threads last year and we went on to win the fucking league in fact we went on to win the lot domestically.

Its clear that certain players are at the end and its clear that the next gen are coming in and will need time.

Im also clear that VAR has completely fucked us silly but that doesnt equate to a full rebuild.

Its difficult to win the league every year, people should remember that what City did last year in retaining the league hadn’t been done for over a decade. Doing it a third time that’s equaling all time records, I’m fine with our predicament at the moment. We’ve been here before in 2013 and we went four years without winning the league from 2014. The club has demonstrated in the past it can rebuild and recruit top managers and playing talent to win titles. I have faith in them to come good again, it’s nice to have a bit of time away from the title race and recharge as that run in from January onwards was taxing. I remember being in Old Trafford at half time at nil nil thinking City wouldn’t turn it around. It’s frustrating at the moment but City will come good again and when it happens savour it and never take it for granted.

Its difficult to win the league every year, people should remember that what City did last year in retaining the league hadn’t been done for over a decade. Doing it a third time that’s equaling all time records, I’m fine with our predicament at the moment. We’ve been here before in 2013 and we went four years without winning the league from 2014. The club has demonstrated in the past it can rebuild and recruit top managers and playing talent to win titles. I have faith in them to come good again, it’s nice to have a bit of time away from the title race and recharge as that run in from January onwards was taxing. I remember being in Old Trafford at half time at nil nil thinking City wouldn’t turn it around. It’s frustrating at the moment but City will come good again and when it happens savour it and never take it for granted.

Great post, well said.

The season isn't over, its December.

I remember well similar threads last year and we went on to win the fucking league in fact we went on to win the lot domestically.

Its clear that certain players are at the end and its clear that the next gen are coming in and will need time.

Im also clear that VAR has completely fucked us silly but that doesnt equate to a full rebuild.
That just all depends on what people decide to term ‘a rebuild’. You say it’s not a “full rebuild”. I don’t know what you specifically mean by that but we are certainly not in need of changing the entire squad, if that’s what you mean by “full rebuild”. I would estimate we need around 7 or 8 quality additions over the next 18 months or so, in order to complete what I’m calling “a rebuild”. I don’t believe we need 25 new players! But we do need a significant shake-up of the squad to keep it fresh and replace those that are either ageing, injured permanently or just not of the level required.

Yep who fault is it though that Peps first Left back buy got a very bad injury? And why we still struggling in that position its no fault of the clubs because when you spend 50m on a left back you dont go out and spend another 50m because we think Mendy will struggle big time after the injury!! Hindsight is a glorious thing though hey?
Mendy has always been average defensively for us, his assists glossed this over. Injuries happen, it's no-one's fault, but we've no time for sentiment, especially given he's played maybe 20 games in 3 seasons and we're not exactly loaded with quality in that position. A young LB, a converted CM/LW and previously Delph. We'd even shoehorned in our best CB.

Contrast that to RB where we've had Walker (very good RB), Cancelo (highly-rated) and Danilo (versatile, maybe a back-up but still a designated fullback and one with CL/top flight experience.

Mendy has always been average defensively for us, his assists glossed this over. Injuries happen, it's no-one's fault, but we've no time for sentiment, especially given he's played maybe 20 games in 3 seasons and we're not exactly loaded with quality in that position. A young LB, a converted CM/LW and previously Delph. We'd even shoehorned in our best CB.

Contrast that to RB where we've had Walker (very good RB), Cancelo (highly-rated) and Danilo (versatile, maybe a back-up but still a designated fullback and one with CL/top flight experience.

How many games did he play before his injury?

I was looking through some stuff the other day and one item was a programme for the game against Arsenal in the league cup almost 10 years ago to the day. We had recently signed Adebayor and Tevez and were making inroads into the top 4 after a couple of disappointing post takeover seasons. At that point we had still won nothing for 33 years, had been to one meaningful cup final and whilst the takeover had been exciting, we still looked some way off winning trophies regularly.

fast forward 10 years and not in my wildest dreams did I expect to have witnessed four premier league wins (three of which were the height of drama) 4 league cup wins, 2 Fa cup wins and a final and 9 consecutive years of Champions League football. Ultimately that year ended in a near miss with Spurs pipping us to 4th place.

We have been the team of the decade and even if we don’t win anything again, no one will take this away from us. We built a title winning side from nothing in the early days and we will do again but from very solid foundations. We just have to be more dominant in the transfer market as you can’t stand still at this level.

I personally think venting on a forum is fine, it’s not affecting anyone other than those who read it. I can be as bad as anyone at venting after a loss. Worryingly though it is spreading to the ground. There is a sense of entitlement creeping in and some are struggling to accept defeats nowadays. The support is wavering almost like we just expect to turn up and win and so no effort is needed. Maybe it’s time for an rebuild on the pitch and a rethink off the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.