Travel For Tomorrows Game.

Not suprised if they're stopping to pick up sheep!! ;-)
In certain parts of the area where I live, sheep actually have the right of way when they roam on the highway. Compensation due to the farmer if you kill one. My boss at work once hit one (he was speeding), the sheep was booted over the carriageway and then hit by an oncoming car. A second car then slammed into the first car. All three car were damaged but the bloody animal loped off into the woods.
Then there's the deer and badgers and...

You want to try Transport for Wales here in the sticks.

Even on a good day they are late, delayed, bus replacement or just cancelled without notice.

I'll hang on till 9:30am before choosing train or car.
I've booked a slot in Blue Car Park again, and I shall set off an hour earlier than the, er, fuck, can't remember who we played last at The Etihad, last game. I could have travelled from Fishguard to Beswick in the time I was on Alan Turing Way.

It appears that the Trans Pennine Express have secured permission for their ticket holders to travel from Edinburgh to Manchester via the East Coast.

Last edited:
You want to try Transport for Wales here in the sticks.

Even on a good day they are late, delayed, bus replacement or just cancelled without notice.

I'll hang on till 9:30am before choosing train or car.
Unless you're heading towards Cardiff, they seem to run fine south of Hereford...

Unless you're heading towards Cardiff, they seem to run fine south of Hereford...

The trouble with trains travelling from Aberwristwatch, a lot of the gubbins that's needed for the train to get from A to B, is located on the track. When we get some rain (rain in mid Wales!) the track floods an so causes no end of problems.

On Wednesday going to Wet Spam, the train (to Brum Intl) was 15 minutes late then decided it wasn't going any further than Shrewsbury. Coming back on Thursday, we sat at Shrewsbury for 47 mins waiting for the Aber train to pull in so the driver and guard and go back to Aber!

Different world to London. Get to Euston, tube, then overground to Stratford. Got the DLR to my accommodation. So straight forward and simple.

Things are improving according to His Excellency Mark Drakeford!

The trouble with trains travelling from Aberwristwatch, a lot of the gubbins that's needed for the train to get from A to B, is located on the track. When we get some rain (rain in mid Wales!) the track floods an so causes no end of problems.

On Wednesday going to Wet Spam, the train (to Brum Intl) was 15 minutes late then decided it wasn't going any further than Shrewsbury. Coming back on Thursday, we sat at Shrewsbury for 47 mins waiting for the Aber train to pull in so the driver and guard and go back to Aber!

Different world to London. Get to Euston, tube, then overground to Stratford. Got the DLR to my accommodation. So straight forward and simple.

I worked for ATW/TfW for nearly 8 years, trouble with the line to Aber is it’s a unique signalling system that only driving crew from Machynlleth can work and only 1 particular type of train.

Having said that TfW do favour services in South Wales, you’ll see lots of cancellations up north tomorrow as they’ll be keeping everything south for the egg chasing…

Last edited:
Driving down tomorrow from Edinburgh with son and some pals, usually go down A702 and join M74 then on to M6 all the way to Manchester. Met forecast for tomorrow is heavy rain over A702 area down to Carlisle, yellow warning alert heavy rain....
Was thinking of changing and going down A1 then across to Manchester, forecast is decent for that way....not a great journey though.
Planning to leave earlier than usual anyways.

I am one of those to defer this season. Reading all the shite and hassle over the new ticketing system is bad enough. As is the loss of many off campus car parks. (Riverside being the one I used to use)

We are planning to move down to the Nantwich area next year. I was thinking, no probs, don't need to drive anyhow then. Train there and back. But it seems no better an option .... ffs :D

Jesus Im amazed they are as good as they are with that dickhead anywhere near it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.