Travelling to Ashton after a game

Discussion in 'Ticket and travel exchange' started by Edwardio, 3 May 2018.

1. Edwardio

Edwardio

Does anyone get the Metrolink to Ashton after a game? Is it manically busy as it is going into town? My 9 year old is playing in his first final at Curzon Ashton at 4:30pm on Sunday. May need to try and sneak out just after the trophy is presented, bad timing but I want to see both!!

Thanks in advance.

2. moon

moon

Would think if you leave before the trophy celebrations are complete you would be Ok

Normally look full to capicity when I see them when I'm walking back after a normal finish.

3. Edwardio

Edwardio

Cheers mate, appreciate that. I may need to drive then to be on the safe side.

4. Grassland Blue

Grassland Blue

The normal service bus (216) may suit you better.
    You can get off opposite the BP petrol station and it's only a few minutes walk from there.

5. If I were you I'd leave at the final whistle if I was using the tram. They put on no extra trams to Ashton on match-days and more often than not its a single not a double unit.

You also need to factor in a 10 minute walk to Curzon's ground from the Ashton West tram stop.

6. Edwardio

Edwardio

Cheers guys I'll look into both options. Shame to miss the celebrations this time but hopefully my lad will win his first cup!

7. bennyboy

bennyboy

Is the curry house still up near Guide Bridge Station.

8. The blue phantom

The blue phantom

Indian plaza?

9. frothy

frothy

If you mean the plaza then yes, you turn off to the left after guide bridge theatre

10. Muffin or barm?

Muffin or barm?

I live in Dukinfield and takes me about 45 minutes to get home from leaving on the full time whistle.