Trevor Francis?

Hamann Pineapple said:
First time I saw him at Maine Rd he got sent off for a head butt, waste of money. Can't stand him now.

Was it V Everton? He butted Kevin Ratcliffe?

Did he also get S/O v Swansea?

Yep , very classy player ..... but he missed quite a few games through injury.

If my memory serves me right he 'scored' an absolute wonder goal from distance at Maine Road , can't recall the opposition ...... but the ref ruled it out!

Lomas has a lob on said:
He was a bit before my time at City, and was just wondering if any older posters could tell me what he was like at City? my old man (not a big football fan) whenever he see's Francis on the TV states that he was a great player in his day, I know he was the first 1 million pound transfer to Forest, I just never hear of anything regarding him and City, he wasn't with us long was he?

it is rumoured that he was the first million pound transfer to forest....thats incorrect mate.....cloughy didnt want the title of first million pound player to go to francis's head, so he paid £999,999.00 for him

Grew up opposite Maine Road and remember about six at the time, him stood on the steps with John Bond, and all the City fans cheering his signing.

Can only remember him for a couple things at that age. Getting sent-off for a head butt.

Also I think scoring with a 30-yard lob over Christmas against Wolves - remember had my back to it as my Dad walked up the Maine Stand steps, we turned to see the ball drop in.

Crowd went mental and think we even went top that day?

Francis was a real star, sadly though he was in a City side that was going backwards and was very prone to injury lasting less than a season with the club before leaving. We replaced him with David Cross(kind a of poor mans Samaras)who was by them well into his 30s and went down at the end of the follwoing season.

He was my fave player during that period and i was heartbroken when City sold him...

Probabily the quickest player in the league and a great goalscorer..

I remember the famous disallowed goal, i think it was against Brighton..

one of the best players I've ever seen in a city shirt, and scorer of one of the best goals Iv ever seen, against Wolves at Maine Rd which put us top.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.