Trevor Sinclair

Your right, we do all come out with shit at times. The sensible ones don't put it on social media.
I do think the outrage to what he has said is OTT. but that is the disease of social media.
I bet he knows which spice girl is which though, especially the one from Leeds, for whatever reason…

Bizarre comment from him and appalling timing, he's just destroyed his post football career in one second, idiot.

Yes he has.

Sinclair isn't alone in swallowing the multi-cultural lie. This country is not multi-cultural, there is a dominant culture in this country, it's difficult to define, but it's very real, and you feel it if you fall outside it, as Sinclair clearly feels he does.

So when events of massive cultural importance occur, like the death of the Queen, that dominant culture reasserts itself and if you stand in its way it'll slap you down.

I'm 65 and I'm ambiguous on the monarchy, but a lot of people are not and feel the passing of the Queen profoundly, so I put my ambiguity to one side because the dominant culture, a dominant culture that the Queen embodied, has lost its exemplar, its shinning star, and as I'm part of that culture, I know almost instinctively that many of my fellow citizens are in mourning and I should respect that, and I do. But Sinclair did not, because he does not feel part of that dominant culture and his exclusion he calls racist.

Clive Myrie has now stated he used a poor choice of words in the clip I posted earlier, fair enough, it was live. What he fails to understand is why he was criticised for his slip. He received brickbats because within our dominant culture there exists not just deference, but also a large streak of British cynicism and Clive's "insignificant" triggered it. We all know the right wing in this country will appropriate this death, spin it to lambaste the left and use it for their own advantage. We all know this, even the right wingers in here must know it, it's what they do, so sensitivity is what's needed now and in this social media age a little British reserve might be welcome.

She’s a vicious nasty piece of work

I wouldn't go as far as that, but I increasingly find myself disagreeing with her politics, not because she's left wing but because she epitomises a form of "progressive" identity politics which is authoritarian in nature and for the most part despises the people it purports to represent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.