Tribute to Newtonheathdave

Excal said:
The Fixer said:
Actually you seem a decent rag, but ffs that allforone is a complete whopper mate give him a woman slap and sort him out :O)

Allforone's better in threads where he's not directly 'engaging the enemy', so to speak. Hey, it's like family. Everyone's got that uncle who talks bollocks at the last little provocation. I don't read bluemoon too closely, (in terms of absolutely hilarious shite, you lot have nothing on RAWK. Swear to Christ some of those people would literally drop their pants for Rafa if he asked them to,) but I'd imagine mcfcliam is less of a twat when he isn't calling for everyone in sight to be banned. (He'd almost have to be.)

zeven said:
Indeed. Excal is our own "newtonheathdave" here on blue-moon from now on, hopefully :)

Oof no. I might pop over now and then, but if I'm gonna get into discussions where I'm going to end up calling everyone a stupid wanker, it should at least be over politics where the other side really ARE stupid wankers and not just wearing a different color shirt ;)

Agree with the bit about RAWK, I'll go on there rather than redcafe if I want a laugh, especially now their team's absolute cack. The amazing thing I find is how seriously every poster seems to take themselves - they make mundane points about the Meireles-Lucas partnership as if they've come up with a solution to Descartes' 2nd Cogito or something.

ThreeTeamSupporter said:
Agree with the bit about RAWK, I'll go on there rather than redcafe if I want a laugh, especially now their team's absolute cack. The amazing thing I find is how seriously every poster seems to take themselves - they make mundane points about the Meireles-Lucas partnership as if they've come up with a solution to Descartes' 2nd Cogito or something.

But that's no different to us muppets on here (apart from the Meireles - Lucas partnership as obviously they don't play for us).

strongbowholic said:
ThreeTeamSupporter said:

But that's no different to us muppets on here (apart from the Meireles - Lucas partnership as obviously they don't play for us).

Neither Bluemoon nor the Caf has anything remotely similar to RAWK's Rafagasms. Goes beyond just not getting that his tenure hurt their team. They compose love poetry to him. There was a bit from a month or two ago where a bunch of RAWKites all started in on an Inter board trying to explain to all the Interistas how it wasn't Rafa's fault that last year's European champions were 7th in Serie A.

All those green smilies on redcafe just make it a joke.

It seems most of them are brain dead and all they can do is post a shitty little smilie to try and belittle somebody elses viewpoint or to mock somebody/something, which makes them feel better about their sad little lives watching Man Yoo from their armchair 1000's of miles away.

Excal said:
Neither Bluemoon nor the Caf has anything remotely similar to RAWK's Rafagasms. Goes beyond just not getting that his tenure hurt their team. They compose love poetry to him. There was a bit from a month or two ago where a bunch of RAWKites all started in on an Inter board trying to explain to all the Interistas how it wasn't Rafa's fault that last year's European champions were 7th in Serie A.
Oh, wow. Bet that went over well.

The Fixer said:
Wtf are you waffling on about, it's a simple question no other **** sings it and i'm curious as to what it stems from??

They sang it after the most blatent penalty -> red card incident ever (Neville vs. West Brom) at the weekend when the referee deemed it fair and righteous (much like the other Neville stonewall red earlier this season, vs. Stoke I think?).

Should explain the meaning of the song quite well.

WOW, Dave seems to be victorious in the blue-moon meltdown thread. and as hard as it is to say, the last posts over there have been rational. i guess some of the united fans were just unlucky i guess (to turn out red) even the sun have its dark spots as you say.
Originally Posted by Mockney
So on the one hand we've got a generally polite and knowledgeable City fan, hugely outnumbered and often irrationally disliked on an opposition board who has an openess and lust for learning about many things football and a good and contributive thirst for debate...

and on the other a slightly ranty United fan who slags off Brian Kidd and openly declares he has no desire to learn anything about the history of anyone other than United, of which he knows everything anyway and thinks it's a disgrace to be told otherwise (despite the rather baffling aforementioned slagging off of Brian Kid) and despite "not giving a shit" takes great pleasure in winding up oppo fans with his declarations on the clubs he "doesn't give a shit" about knowing anything about...

...and we're supposed to be rooting for the United one are we?

Excal said:
Allforone's better in threads where he's not directly 'engaging the enemy', so to speak. Hey, it's like family. Everyone's got that uncle who talks bollocks at the last little provocation. I don't read bluemoon too closely, (in terms of absolutely hilarious shite, you lot have nothing on RAWK. Swear to Christ some of those people would literally drop their pants for Rafa if he asked them to,) but I'd imagine mcfcliam is less of a twat when he isn't calling for everyone in sight to be banned. (He'd almost have to be.)

I think this is the thing some people often overlook about football forums. If you're in an environment of people with the same biases and allegiances, people sometimes make flippant comments they're not really expecting to be called up on, they're really even necessarily presenting them as 'right' in the sense of standing up to deep analysis - they're just 'letting off steam' so to speak.

In a mixed environment where things are discussed more rationally and non-emotive, those people might be a lot more balanced and present themselves as more than just a partisan window-licker. But in a 'common interest' forum where it's mostly people on the same side, their guard is down and they don't feel like they have to. Of course, some are just naturally idiots too mind.

zeven said:
WOW, Dave seems to be victorious in the blue-moon meltdown thread. and as hard as it is to say, the last posts over there have been rational. i guess some of the united fans were just unlucky i guess (to turn out red) even the sun have its dark spots as you say.
Originally Posted by Mockney
So on the one hand we've got a generally polite and knowledgeable City fan, hugely outnumbered and often irrationally disliked on an opposition board who has an openess and lust for learning about many things football and a good and contributive thirst for debate...

and on the other a slightly ranty United fan who slags off Brian Kidd and openly declares he has no desire to learn anything about the history of anyone other than United, of which he knows everything anyway and thinks it's a disgrace to be told otherwise (despite the rather baffling aforementioned slagging off of Brian Kid) and despite "not giving a shit" takes great pleasure in winding up oppo fans with his declarations on the clubs he "doesn't give a shit" about knowing anything about...

...and we're supposed to be rooting for the United one are we?

why are you up at 4am?

JoeMercer'sWay said:
zeven said:

why are you up at 4am?
good question, ehm, :) i'm not very tired, I'm free all week and because of all the Fergie threads i seen today, im scared to fall asleep incase i start dreaming about him,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.