Tribute to Newtonheathdave

JoeMercer'sWay said:
zeven said:
good question, ehm, :) i'm not very tired, I'm free all week and because of all the Fergie threads i seen today, im scared to fall asleep incase i start dreaming about him,

is ikea open?
It should be in US.

3247.jpg

If they DON'T have 24 hour supermarkets I think I could overlook that...

JoeMercer'sWay said:
zeven said:
It should be in US.

it probably is, but I'm UK so wouldn't know lol. Do you not have 24 hour Ikea's in Sweden, like we have 24 hour supermarkets?
HEHE no we dont, Cant see anyone want to shop furnitures at 4AM :) for those who do, should consider to drop by the EA first for a blue pill :)

whats your excuse? (for being up at 3AM) supermarkets?

Sadly, Internet message boards seem to be used more for fans reassuring each other and reinforcing uninformed and biased opinions than actually sharing insight. These same people probably chuckled at the Iraqi Information Minister while pretty much copying his act on football boards.

I don't care who a fellow football fan supports if I can have a reasonable discussion with him or her. What I'm not interested in are people making ridiculous statements just to tow the line and maintain a stance.

While it would be great if all United fans forget their desire to see City fail for a moment and admit Vincent Kompany has become an elite CB -- just like it would be best if City fans could acknowledge the class of Berbatov/Vidic/Evra -- but in the end, it doesn't really matter. Holding hands and singing "Kumbaya" isn't going to make it any easier on them when City do eventually win something. They'll just have to do some acrobatics to come to grips with how a group of players they slagged off for so long could accomplish something like that.

somervillain said:
Sadly, Internet message boards seem to be used more for fans reassuring each other and reinforcing uninformed and biased opinions than actually sharing insight. These same people probably chuckled at the Iraqi Information Minister while pretty much copying his act on football boards.

I don't care who a fellow football fan supports if I can have a reasonable discussion with him or her. What I'm not interested in are people making ridiculous statements just to tow the line and maintain a stance.

While it would be great if all United fans forget their desire to see City fail for a moment and admit Vincent Kompany has become an elite CB -- just like it would be best if City fans could acknowledge the class of Berbatov/Vidic/Evra -- but in the end, it doesn't really matter. Holding hands and singing "Kumbaya" isn't going to make it any easier on them when City do eventually win something. They'll just have to do some acrobatics to come to grips with how a group of players they slagged off for so long could accomplish something like that.

You can't debate with rags, they just bang on about all the history they have and how great Duncan Edwards was.

zeven said:
WOW, Dave seems to be victorious in the blue-moon meltdown thread. and as hard as it is to say, the last posts over there have been rational. i guess some of the united fans were just unlucky i guess (to turn out red) even the sun have its dark spots as you say.
Originally Posted by Mockney
So on the one hand we've got a generally polite and knowledgeable City fan, hugely outnumbered and often irrationally disliked on an opposition board who has an openess and lust for learning about many things football and a good and contributive thirst for debate...

and on the other a slightly ranty United fan who slags off Brian Kidd and openly declares he has no desire to learn anything about the history of anyone other than United, of which he knows everything anyway and thinks it's a disgrace to be told otherwise (despite the rather baffling aforementioned slagging off of Brian Kid) and despite "not giving a shit" takes great pleasure in winding up oppo fans with his declarations on the clubs he "doesn't give a shit" about knowing anything about...

...and we're supposed to be rooting for the United one are we?

Ouch... even his own rag pals aren't sticking up for him. Allforone shut right up after this dressing down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.