Tribute to Newtonheathdave

SWP's back said:
LoveCity said:

Football is dying I tell you!

Seriously, I wish foreign ownership wasn't allowed and I'd say that even if City's owners and ours were reserved. It's making a mockery of the game and creating successful clubs that don't deserve that success. City will be another Chelsea very soon IMO, winning lots of trophies. The sad part is that it is just so accepted as part of the game.

^^^ that guys location? India.

What exactly is the problem with foreign fans? You can't be xenophobic and then embrace foreign owners taking over your club and bringing in foreign money and foreign players.

One 'price' you've got to pay now for City actually becoming a good club is that you will get lots of foreign fans. The sooner you stop laughing at people for the country they happen to be born in, the better. It's always something you've used against United fans, but you can't have your cake and eat it.

Viva Rivaldo said:
SWP's back said:

What exactly is the problem with foreign fans? You can't be xenophobic and then embrace foreign owners taking over your club and bringing in foreign money and foreign players.

One 'price' you've got to pay now for City actually becoming a good club is that you will get lots of foreign fans. The sooner you stop laughing at people for the country they happen to be born in, the better. It's always something you've used against United fans, but you can't have your cake and eat it.

I think it was the fact that some bellend on Ragcafe was having a pop at our owner... when in fact the guy who posted it isnt from the UK either. The Sheikh has done nothing wrong to warrant any hatred, he has come and made us financially secure. Something that can't be said for other clubs.

Viva Rivaldo said:
SWP's back said:

You don't see the irony of an Indian fan of ManU criticising foreign owership of an English club?

Fool.

I am not against foreign fans or owners so I have no need not to eat any cake.

The problem with ragcafe is the vast majority of the shall we say, more vocal one's on there are so unaware of their own history due the the clear fact they probably started supporting the rags during the PL years and they know nothing but themselves having it all their own way.

The sheer hypocrisy of a rag criticising us for spending an obscene amount of money on a player when they have done it many times in the past is laughable. The denial of how they became the club they are today is just down to the fact that the vast majority know nothing of the so called history they claim to have and be proud of.

There are a few decent posters on there to be fair, local lads that have been around long enough to know the score and fair play to them, they dont shy away from telling their own plastics to shut the fook up now and then.

Dave is doing a sterling job on there tbf.

This is one of the posters on that site who calls us citeh.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2aza6BwS_Q[/youtube]

I am deadly serious. These are the sort of people you get on Redcafe. They actually think they are proper fans...

I give up argueing with them... one brought up the old "empty seats" discussion. I pointed out we hitting 45,000+ at each premier league. He said "How come there were 3000 empty seats at Everton".

I give up, just clutching at straws... and it will be the same when we win a major trophy (FA Cup, Premier League or Champions League). When we finally hit one they will say "Yeah but you still not won the treble"... same old shit, they said something similar last season with "City won't make top four" and now that its looking very likely we will... they changed it to "City won't win the league".

And it goes on and on...

zeven said:
For the excellent work he do on the dark side (sadcafe) everyday against an army of deluded ragfans.

I'm very impressed and he deserves recognition for his never ending work to try to educate and set the facts right over there.

I salute you and your great cause.

//
Anders
This is spooky coz I was only thinking this about him yesterday. In fairness to the majority of the rags they seem to respect him. that could be the fact that he knows his football and is fair and very objective. Question to anyone in the know, is Newton Heath Dave the same peep AKA STAN HIBBERT who was a frequent poster on Blue View.?

Viva Rivaldo said:
SWP's back said:

No one has anything against foreign fans. There are already loads on here - Yanks, Aussies, Swedes, Italians, German, Irish, South Korean. Foreign fans probably make up about 20% of the forum from what I've seen, and I doubt they'd stick around if it was a hotbed of xenophobia.

A foreign fan cannot criticise foreign ownership of English football clubs though, that's a logical fallacy and a joke, obviously. Whereas if an English football fan does it, it just makes them a thick as pig shit Little Englander, and so ridiculous in a different way.

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
I give up argueing with them... one brought up the old "empty seats" discussion. I pointed out we hitting 45,000+ at each premier league. He said "How come there were 3000 empty seats at Everton".

I give up, just clutching at straws... and it will be the same when we win a major trophy (FA Cup, Premier League or Champions League). When we finally hit one they will say "Yeah but you still not won the treble"... same old shit, they said something similar last season with "City won't make top four" and now that its looking very likely we will... they changed it to "City won't win the league".

And it goes on and on...

What do you expect? It's a rivalry.

How extremely boring would it be if the only banter we had was "Oi you, I think....your team's actually alright."

We both have digs at each other.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.