Tribute to the Newcastle lads killed on MH17 at first game

Re: Tribute to the Newcastle lads killed on MH17 at first ga

Fair point Sir Bacon^

KippaxCitizen said:
paulchapo said:
KippaxCitizen said:
And you've obviously got carried away with yourself without having the understanding of what my post was directed at neither (it was directed at the person moaning that we didn't get very much time on the tele screen). So how about you also read posts properly like the other bloke and stop taking bollocks too!

I misunderstood nothing and i stand by what i said.....swamp that way!
Oh dear!

This was what my post was directed at you fucking tosser:
BigJoe#1 said:
I agree but..... I think SKY are again a disgrace.

Oh i am shaking in my boots you big aggressive hardman!

As you are fond of quoting what you said,here;s something else you also said.

''I honestly dislike attaching outside tragedies to football. It has absolutely nowt to do with football and should be left that way.

''This just screams of "LOOK AT US, WE'RE GRIEVING WITH YOU, WE'RE SHOWING RESPECT, TALK ABOUT US, PLEASE, I WANT ATTENTION!"

I don't like your attitude or what you have written regarding this thread and i repeat....swamp that way!

I have spent much of the day with the radio on and we have received a lot of credit for our behaviour at yesterday's game. Hats off to the guys who organised the banner and to the Clubs and the Lads families for the tributes.

It was a very fitting tribute to two loyal and dedicated supporters, who tragically lost their lives following their team. Something we can all relate to.

I was delighted to see Jim Montgomery, maybe the biggest star of the 1973 FA Cup final, representing Sunderland.

And the view of 'our' banner - however fleeting - was a great tribute to those involved in producing it. There was no doubt that it was a City banner.

didsburyblu should be very proud of his efforts, as should any others involved.

Vienna_70 said:
It was a very fitting tribute to two loyal and dedicated supporters, who tragically lost their lives following their team. Something we can all relate to.

I was delighted to see Jim Montgomery, maybe the biggest star of the 1973 FA Cup final, representing Sunderland.

And the view of 'our' banner - however fleeting - was a great tribute to those involved in producing it. There was no doubt that it was a City banner.

didsburyblu should be very proud of his efforts, as should any others involved.

The voice of reason

SXBLUE said:
I saw a post on a Newcastle forum yesterday with a pic of our banner saying - 'Respect to City fans' , did anyone speak to any home fans after the game re the banner ?

I didn't speak to any Geordies after the game but there were several of them came up to me and my mates in Rosie's Bar beforehand. All were very friendly and well aware of what the City fans had done re: the banner. The common opinion was that the banner was a very decent thing to arrange. We had only been in the bar for a couple of minutes when this old-timer Toon fan walked across to us and put his hand out, saying "Congratulations on your title win lads. Well done". A nice touch and very much appreciated in these days when football often gets a bad press.

I didn't speak to any Geordies after the game but there were several of them came up to me and my mates in Rosie's Bar beforehand. All were very friendly and well aware of what the City fans had done re: the banner. The common opinion was that the banner was a very decent thing to arrange. We had only been in the bar for a couple of minutes when this old-timer Toon fan walked across to us and put his hand out, saying "Congratulations on your title win lads. Well done". A nice touch and very much appreciated in these days when football often gets a bad press.[/quote]

Excellent Bill nice to hear, a good example of the good the banner did for City fans .

Me and my mates and our two little kids where in Rosie's bar before the game and all the Geordies we spoke too said the banner was a great gesture.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.