Trouble in Leeds tonight

Whether it's true or not?
Maybe so but do your political blinkers not allow you to see that social services would not have acted unless they felt the kids were at risk.

It was extremely expedient for the kids to be returned to avoid further rioting. I just don’t see social workers putting themselves at risk and disrupting the family for the “reason” given by your Court article.

Maybe so but do your political blinkers not allow you to see that social services would not have acted unless they felt the kids were at risk.

It was extremely expedient for the kids to be returned to avoid further rioting. I just don’t see social workers putting themselves at risk and disrupting the family for the “reason” given by your Court article.
Am I missing something here? What "political blinkers"? Do you think I was against the child protection order?

The court report says a child in the family was injured three months ago and the order to take children into care this week was because they might be taken out of the country. The judge allowed them back to "the extended family" if their passports were surrendered even though social services and the court's own assessor opposed returning the children.

But you've heard on some city-wide village grapevine of a baby being dropped from a window. When? Was this 3 months ago? Excuse my caution (I won't even say scepticism) that this might be an urban myth. A baby being dropped out of Grenfell Tower and being caught by people below turned out to be not true.

One poster "in the know" liked the story, so, even if there is something behind it, was this really why the child protection team acted this week? Or should I believe the court reports?

Last edited:
Am I missing something here? What "political blinkers"? Do you think I was against the child protection order?

The court report says a child in the family was injured three months ago and the order to take children into care this week was because they might be taken out of the country. The judge allowed them back to "the extended family" if their passports were surrendered even though social services and the court's own assessor opposed returning the children.

But you've heard on some city-wide village grapevine of a baby being dropped from a window. When? Was this 3 months ago? Excuse my caution (I won't even say scepticism) that this might be an urban myth. A baby being dropped out of Grenfell Tower and being caught by people below turned out to be not true.

One poster "in the know" liked the story, so, even if there is something behind it, was this really why the child protection team acted this week? Or should I believe the court reports?
We might never know what exactly went on because a decent neighbour reporting a high risk situation is unlikely to turn up and give evidence a small army of Roma

I know Yorkshire is a backwards place but it’s not the Middle Ages mate. They don’t send someone on horseback to spread the news between headlingly and otley.
I live in Leeds mate and have friends from Harehills. Word of mouth travels faster than pit ponies lol.

I did my security training in Harehills and volunteered down the road on Chapeltown for an offender rehabilitation annd anti gang / knife crime charity.

We have had riots in this country for hundreds of years, they are nothing new. In fact they are a very British tradition.

If a community feels aggrieved for whatever reason they surely have the right to protest and i believe because the right to protest is now so limited that will help inflame situations. What was fought for at Peterloo has been diluted by an authoritarian government who despised dissent

Questions need to be asked of the authorities, why did they remove the kids? why did they do it in what appears a provocative manner, why did people know they were being removed? it does appear they were removed on false pretence. It is no wonder communities get angry, i would be livid if the authorities tried to take my next door neighbours kids from her.

As ever though the Far right revel in such events, they put out misinformation designed to divide and it gives them the opportunity to grandstand on their particular awful views.
As a person who deals with the safeguarding of children on a daily basis, I know the very high bar that is needed for a child / children to be removed. And if a child is removed, how would you expect that to be done anonymously?

As for being livid if someone removed my neighbours’ children - I’d be more concerned about the welfare of the children and why they’d been removed to be honest.

As a person who deals with the safeguarding of children on a daily basis, I know the very high bar that is needed for a child / children to be removed. And if a child is removed, how would you expect that to be done anonymously?

As for being livid if someone removed my neighbours’ children - I’d be more concerned about the welfare of the children and why they’d been removed to be honest.
Your last paragraph, you’d like to think was what the vast majority would think wouldn’t you.
Being more concerned for the parents seems a bit odd.

My first thought would be that either the dad was a paedo or that someone had been thrashing or starving the kids.

Of course, this would be a prejudiced assumption, and quite possibly unfair, but my first thought would not be that the parents were being persecuted.

They don't take kids away for not having enough books, or for parents ignoring them while they watch TV. There has to be some major issue. I know from a case in my extended family that you almost have to beg on your knees (as a relative) to get kids taken away, even from the most appalling of parents with severe mental issues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.