Trouble in Leeds tonight

Tonight just one arrest or at least detention for his own safety of a gent of colour shouting at the 200 or so Roma still peacefully protesting to go home, think he'd had enough and let out a tired cry of Yorkshire when boarding the police van, court verdicts in the morning re kids , no kids going home = no police leave for a while?

We have had riots in this country for hundreds of years, they are nothing new. In fact they are a very British tradition.

If a community feels aggrieved for whatever reason they surely have the right to protest and i believe because the right to protest is now so limited that will help inflame situations. What was fought for at Peterloo has been diluted by an authoritarian government who despised dissent

Questions need to be asked of the authorities, why did they remove the kids? why did they do it in what appears a provocative manner, why did people know they were being removed? it does appear they were removed on false pretence. It is no wonder communities get angry, i would be livid if the authorities tried to take my next door neighbours kids from her.

As ever though the Far right revel in such events, they put out misinformation designed to divide and it gives them the opportunity to grandstand on their particular awful views.

We have had riots in this country for hundreds of years, they are nothing new. In fact they are a very British tradition.

If a community feels aggrieved for whatever reason they surely have the right to protest and i believe because the right to protest is now so limited that will help inflame situations. What was fought for at Peterloo has been diluted by an authoritarian government who despised dissent

Questions need to be asked of the authorities, why did they remove the kids? why did they do it in what appears a provocative manner, why did people know they were being removed? it does appear they were removed on false pretence. It is no wonder communities get angry, i would be livid if the authorities tried to take my next door neighbours kids from her.

As ever though the Far right revel in such events, they put out misinformation designed to divide and it gives them the opportunity to grandstand on their particular awful views.
What makes you think they were removed on a false pretence? They haven't been returned to the same family members.

Its also a very british tradition that kids should be looked after properly

The riots in days gone by were largely undertaken when ordinary people had no political influence whatsoever.

Now we have votes, the ability to lobby politicians without being sliced by a cavalryman, and an extensive web of law that protects, among other things, human rights.

Peaceful protest is one thing; mob rule and wanton destruction of public and private property is quite another.

Children just don’t get removed from their homes without there being a ‘significant risk of harm’ to them.

The riots in days gone by were largely undertaken when ordinary people had no political influence whatsoever.

Now we have votes, the ability to lobby politicians without being sliced by a cavalryman, and an extensive web of law that protects, among other things, human rights.

Peaceful protest is one thing; mob rule and wanton destruction of public and private property is quite another.
Well, we should expect at least 4 or 5 years for this wanton destruction. If peaceful protest gets that, must be looking at the firing squad for this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.