Trouble in the East Stand??

Re: Ejections in 109

steward told me away fans are moving to east stand level 3 and block 109ers who wish to stand can be moved into the south stand where away fans used to be, thus making one large standing kop area!

Tattooedcityfan said:
steward told me away fans are moving to east stand level 3 and block 109ers who wish to stand can be moved into the south stand where away fans used to be, thus making one large standing kop area!

really interesting this. can understand why people are pissed off about this, and looking over from 117 i'v never seen so many stewards so organised in repeatedly trying to get people to sit down.

could be that by making people sit those wanting to stand will move (or be told to move) into the void created by moving the away fans. obviously this will annoy those that like standing in 109, 108 etc. but with regards to the success of 'operation one end' could prove quite clever.

be interesting to see what happens at everton. i wouldnt be surprised to see the same again.

mancmackem said:
goater1978 said:
I was told I was allowed to stand when city were attacking. I thought that was very generous....... Looking forward to Saturday when everyone is back and the stand is full with the tv cameras on us. The stewards are making going to city very unpleasant these days

They were telling people to sit down when we had a free kick outside Brum's box with 5 minutes to go. If he would have come over to me I wouldn't have backed down, that is just a step too far!

People should just ignore them, look past them and watch the game. They did their best to ruin it.

Can anybody explain why away fans are allowed to stand in both tiers?? I never notice stewards asking them to sit down......

Bluemoon115 said:
Spread the word, operation surround.

You see some cunts trying to single out some poor sod, get everyone around to surround him and not let the stewards anywhere near.Outnumber the failed police officers, it's the only way.
I really like this!

But it's not the only way. If you're asked to sit down, just say "sorry" and sit down. Otherwise, they can chuck you out for persistent standing. They can't chuck you out for repetitive standing. It's a free country, there's football on, it's exciting, and we're allowed to stand up at times of excitement. So just stand up again whenever the mood takes you. It can be a song, a tackle, a bad pass.... or just someone standing up behind you might be enough to get you excited. Just remember to apologise and sit down again if you're asked, but don't forget to get excited again afterwards. As soon as possible, I reckon. If everyone does that they'd need one steward each. And then you'd have to stand up just to be able to see.

Take the piss, but don't get their backs up, it just gives them an excuse. Don't even explain what you're doing and why you're doing it, just do it. And then apologise!

I don't understand why it's so difficult, it works fine at away matches.

I am a SC holder in 109, luckily for myself last night I chose to sit in 105.

I prefer standing, most people around me prefer it, and this apparent minority of fans who dislike standing to me are invisible during matches... if they have the energy to email Fletcher about the standing why can't they come on forums such as this and say why it bothers them?
I've never seen anyone bothered about the standing in 109, this leads me to believe the club have just lied there.

I will stand against Everton and again I will have someone placed near me with a voice recorder recording everything ShowSec staff say to myself and fans around me - as from my experience of these guys - they are aggressive, confrontational and should lose their SIA Badges and will lose their SIA Badges when my complaint to the SIA is received along with audio and video evidence of their behaviour.

if you will be in 109 please take note of this message:

IGNORE Them!

Do not under any circumstances talk to them, completely blank them and look at the football pitch, sing songs and chat to your friends, Blank showsec.

Eds said:
Can anybody explain why away fans are allowed to stand in both tiers?? I never notice stewards asking them to sit down......
Napoli fans were smoking joints and swigging mini bottles of spirits, as well as standing on seats all game and trying to invade the pitch when they scored. I have no problem with any of this, what I have a problem with is the double standards portrayed as simple standing up is fought against by ShowSec and City towards just a few hundred City fans when not even the slightest opposition to what Napoli fans were doing was shown.

The steward really irritated me last night, they were an absolute joke. i was on row L block 109 and got told twice to sit down. the first time i simply pointed to the thousand of people behind me and ignored him but the 2nd 2 stewards came over having a go at the guy behind me for standing and then started to argue with me for not sittin down, despite everyone behind being stood up he never had a go at anyone else. if 1 person stood in the family stand all game and people can't see then its fair enough but when everyone behind is stood up i dont get what difference it makes. At times they think they are friggin starsky n hutch just because they have a pissin yellow jacket on!!!

I remember when this happened in the south stand a few years ago before the stewards got fed up of trying.

I spoke to a steward who tod me its something to do with MCC and Health and Safety.... which is quite frankly... Barking!

Since when has standing been dangerous, also why is it safe up until kick off, then dangerous for 45 minutes then safe for 15 and dangerous again? Surely if there was a danger about standing, then it would exist all the time.... NOT come and go!

I put this to the steward whose response was "It's the council, and I'm just doing my job".

I also find it ironic, that stewards who are stood up are telling people to sit down! They also walk along a row to get someone to sit down, but to get past other spectators, they have to stand up..... it really is fooking crazy!

I also wanna jump on the "Fletcher is a clit" bandwagon!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.