Trouble in the East Stand??

Blue Punter said:
A friend of mine was ejected for smoking a few seasons ago. As he was bundled out of the toilets by about 8 showsec staff, I accompanied him to arrange a meeting point. He lives overseas and had no means of communication as he had literally arrived in the country hours earlier.

As I was trying to sort this out, I was pushed through the concourse exits at block 'D 'by another 4 showsec staff. Obviously on a 2-4-1 mission.

We were both cattled and seperated into a really tight space and pushed up against a wall. My seasoncard was taken off me and we were both ejected.

I attend the game as a carer for someone who suffers from the disability of being Walking Ambulent (WA). When I explained this to the Showsec staff, they replied "Not my problem".

Fortunately there are several familty members in our block, so I was able to contact them and they were able to assist.

I emailed Peter Fletcher (PF) about this appalling behaviour:-

1. I had been ejected and physically manhandled for nothing.
2. The person I assist was left alone for the second half.
3. The person I assist at no point had any contact from Showsec or MCFC to inform them what had gone on.

PF ignored my initial email and only replied after I responded with another email. In his reply, he accused me of neglecting my role as a carer by leaving the WA support unattended at HT.

I pointed out that he wasn't unattended as I left him with his brother, 2 sisters and 3 nephews. (Their seasoncards numbers in the same block were provided as evidence). I also questioned the logic of forcing a WA supporter to accompany me to the toilets, whether they needed to go themselves or not.

His next reply accused me of assaulting a steward. When I pointed out that I was previously a steward at Salford RLFC, I questioned why the punishment for such an serious offence of assault wasn't more severe than ejection.

I also asked for evidence of this alleged assault (Time, witnesses, when, where, on whom etc). I also requested evidence of any CCTV in operation and questioned why the police were not summoned. I offered to make a personal representation on the matter.

Peter Fletcher replied that he no longer wished to enter into dialogue, he believed the Showsec version of events, the matter was closed and he would not be replying to any further emails.

You see, I read that and think it's not showsec that are the main problem but Fletcher.

He is a ****, and his blind eye to the wrongs of any showsec staff is allowing those wankers to grow feral.<br /><br />-- Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:20 pm --<br /><br />
bluevengence said:
r.soleofsalford said:
M18CTID said:
My own take on this is that I don't believe the GMP did too much wrong for a change and much of the blame is down to the Showsec stewards being completely incapable of dealing with the incident. The police were requested as back-up after the situation had started to develop and probably arrested the bloke based on information given to them by the stewards. Later it transpired that the stewards had either got it wrong or lied and as such the police decided the bloke hadn't done enough to warrant being nicked and subsequently de-arrested him.

i though the club and the police videoed any trouble that breaks out in the ground surely the club can view the vids and take action against the over zealous showsec employees, this would go a long way in appeasing the fans

According to Fletcher in this article they would have the camera already
trained on the man before the nazis went in..

"The flexibility the system provides in terms of archiving has already proven itself in terms of stadium safety and security. Peter continues: “For events and concerts we now burn disks the following day and this is often used to provide supplementary evidence to help us push through our enforcement policies - from filming fans drinking alcohol in the stadium bowl, to enforcing the no-smoking ban or recording troublemakers. If a steward spots someone causing trouble, for example, we insist that they call the event control room first, so we can make sure our cameras are capturing footage when the steward goes in to sort it out. This way we can back up the steward’s evidence.”

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ad-group.co.uk/projects.php?projectID=20&row=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ad-group.co.uk/projects.php? ... D=20&row=1</a>

I'm sure that anyone filmed has the legal right to pay £10 and demand the footage taken be released to them. Can anyone that was next to this incident not do this? Wasn't skashion behind him? I'll send Ska the tenner myself.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/HomeAndCommunity/WhereYouLive/SaferStreets/DG_10034524" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/HomeAndComm ... G_10034524</a>

SWP's back said:
Blue Punter said:
A friend of mine was ejected for smoking a few seasons ago. As he was bundled out of the toilets by about 8 showsec staff, I accompanied him to arrange a meeting point. He lives overseas and had no means of communication as he had literally arrived in the country hours earlier.

As I was trying to sort this out, I was pushed through the concourse exits at block 'D 'by another 4 showsec staff. Obviously on a 2-4-1 mission.

We were both cattled and seperated into a really tight space and pushed up against a wall. My seasoncard was taken off me and we were both ejected.

I attend the game as a carer for someone who suffers from the disability of being Walking Ambulent (WA). When I explained this to the Showsec staff, they replied "Not my problem".

Fortunately there are several familty members in our block, so I was able to contact them and they were able to assist.

3. The person I assist at no point had any contact from Showsec or MCFC to inform them what had gone on.

PF ignored my initial email and only replied after I responded with another email. In his reply, he accused me of neglecting my role as a carer by leaving the WA support unattended at HT.

I pointed out that he wasn't unattended as I left him with his brother, 2 sisters and 3 nephews. (Their seasoncards numbers in the same block were provided as evidence). I also questioned the logic of forcing a WA supporter to accompany me to the toilets, whether they needed to go themselves or not.

His next reply accused me of assaulting a steward. When I pointed out that I was previously a steward at Salford RLFC, I questioned why the punishment for such an serious offence of assault wasn't more severe than ejection.

I also asked for evidence of this alleged assault (Time, witnesses, when, where, on whom etc). I also requested evidence of any CCTV in operation and questioned why the police were not summoned. I offered to make a personal representation on the matter.

Peter Fletcher replied that he no longer wished to enter into dialogue, he believed the Showsec version of events, the matter was closed and he would not be replying to any further emails.

You see, I read that and think it's not showsec that are the main problem but Fletcher.

He is a ****, and his blind eye to the wrongs of any showsec staff is allowing those wankers to grow feral.

-- Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:20 pm --

bluevengence said:
r.soleofsalford said:
i though the club and the police videoed any trouble that breaks out in the ground surely the club can view the vids and take action against the over zealous showsec employees, this would go a long way in appeasing the fans

"The flexibility the system provides in terms of archiving has already proven itself in terms of stadium safety and security. Peter continues: “For events and concerts we now burn disks the following day and this is often used to provide supplementary evidence to help us push through our enforcement policies - from filming fans drinking alcohol in the stadium bowl, to enforcing the no-smoking ban or recording troublemakers. If a steward spots someone causing trouble, for example, we insist that they call the event control room first, so we can make sure our cameras are capturing footage when the steward goes in to sort it out. This way we can back up the steward’s evidence.”

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ad-group.co.uk/projects.php?projectID=20&row=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ad-group.co.uk/projects.php? ... D=20&row=1</a>

I'm sure that anyone filmed has the legal right to pay £10 and demand the footage taken be released to them. Can anyone that was next to this incident not do this? Wasn't skashion behind him? I'll send Ska the tenner myself.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/HomeAndCommunity/WhereYouLive/SaferStreets/DG_10034524" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/HomeAndComm ... G_10034524</a>

this is the case....however, try and get the footage or even ask about why they are filming and you will be forceably pushed down several rows of concrete steps by the dibble for the pure cheek of asking them ;(

I can see ShowSec being on their best behaviour tonight.

This however should not be the apology nor will it be the future behaviour example of this company that have in my view expired their time at the stadium.

From the amount of stories over the years regards to PF and also ShowSec isn't it time the club started treating "Supporters" of this club with more respect and acknowledging these accounts of events from "Supporters" rather than taking one side?

Apparently the club will speak with the old man from Saturday at a meeting and this is a step in the right direction at present but this is only due to "Supporters" taking the initiative and recording ShowSec & GMP.

if this video hadn't of been put online we all know what would of happened.... NOTHING!
and the same stories would continue to roll in, being ignored by the club.

We apparently "Support" this club with our own Time and Money yet personally during my time in the stadium I feel treated like scum and de-appreciated by people working for the club.

Without Supporters this club wouldn't be shit.

shadygiz said:
SWP's back said:
Blue Punter said:

He is a ****, and his blind eye to the wrongs of any showsec staff is allowing those wankers to grow feral.

bluevengence said:

this is the case....however, try and get the footage or even ask about why they are filming and you will be forceably pushed down several rows of concrete steps by the dibble for the pure cheek of asking them ;(

But the link says you have a legal right and surely if you send the request by recorded delivery and in writing, then Fletcher has no choice but to oblige or be in breach of the law?

As I say, Skashion was behind him, I know him fairly well and I'm happy to donate £10 to get the tape. I'd do it myself but was about 30 yards from it, so couldn't really claim I had a right.

shadygiz said:
SWP's back said:
Blue Punter said:

bluevengence said:

Or (as in Hillsborough) will be informed that 'that section of film has for some strange reason been lost and cant be found. Sorry''

SWP's back said:
19bluemoon77 said:
i am one of the many who as been given the showsec treatment,i am a st holder in section 109 at the back but for the birmingham game i took my 12 year old grandson and his 12 year old friend i bought 3 tickets on row 3 his mother and grandmother were sat in our seats at the rear the weather on the night was bad it had been raining most of the day so all the seats were wet as we arrived at our seats showsec stewards were telling some young men about 16 years of age to sit down the lads said all the seats are wet they were not being rude in any way but the showsec steward just told them to sit down wich they did,there were other people stoodin front and at both sides of us but they then told me to sit down and i refused this went on for 5mins or so another steward came over to back up his mate i tried to explaine i am 53 i am registerd disabled and not prepared to sit in the rain soaked seat for 2 hours i said get me a towel so i can wipe my seat and then i will sit down he said "it`s not my job" at this point i went to the toilets to calm down but on leaving the toilets i was met by 8 stewards and ejected i did not argue just left,i had to phone my wife in the stadium to go and get my grandson and his friend who by now had got wet pants because the showsec stewards had made them sit down,i have emailed the club 4 times not one reply and sent 3 letters 2 of them to peter flecther guess what no reply, we spend millions on players and like to show the world that we are the club from manchester for the real football fan but really are we? come on city lets get back to basics!! we may have a rich owner but he can walk away at any time and the club will still be here but without our loyal fans the club will die!!!!
You really expected showsec to get you towels to wipe your seats?
no i did not expect showsec to wipe my seat at the time i thought my request was as stupid as there request, all i was trying to do was to point out that other blues have sympathy with that gentleman who was assaulted on saturday and thats what it was assault!! and people like you just want to pick and ridicule other blues,there was empty seats at the back of the stand next to my wife and daughter and i asked if we could move and they refused due to health and safety we have to stay in our allocated seats,if everybody around us sat down then i would have done the same but they did not,it seems to me they target the more mature supporter than the young fit ones who could give them a slap!! my grandson says he dosnt want to go again and the young men who were bullied will they come back?if we carry on were will our next generation of fans come from?so instead of picking holes in what i say ask yourself why there was empty seats at the back? well because thousands had stayed at home to watch the soaps!! i have missed 12 matches in the last 10 years home and away and i love my club dearly but at the moment we are having a lovers tiff!!! do you think i will need my towel tonight? lol

19bluemoon77 said:
there was empty seats at the back of the stand next to my wife and daughter and i asked if we could move and they refused due to health and safety we have to stay in our allocated seats
You should have just gone and sat in them; you don't need their permission.

Just had my text from City to hold up the card tonight.

Can see eye injuries due to the paper aeroplane protest someone mentioned in another thread. I am not confident in block 109's paper aeorplane making skills! This is where you want the family stand involved :-)

SWP's back said:
shadygiz said:
SWP's back said:

But the link says you have a legal right and surely if you send the request by recorded delivery and in writing, then Fletcher has no choice but to oblige or be in breach of the law?

As I say, Skashion was behind him, I know him fairly well and I'm happy to donate £10 to get the tape. I'd do it myself but was about 30 yards from it, so couldn't really claim I had a right.

Just to be picky it will be on a disc, but you are bang on the money. If you want CCTV footage you are within your rights to pay £10 to gain any footage the club or someone representing the club, e.g. Police and Showsec will have caught.

This would involve the person first viewing the CCTV while handing over the sum of money. Then when it has been determined whether the person is on CCTV or not the footage can then be put onto disc if needed.

The average time this footage will stay on a hard drive is 30 days. The system i hyave at my place of work is 2 months, and i would think City's would be somewhere between the 2 depending on the size of hard drive, amount of camera's, how many camera's they have recording at certain time's of the day etc.

19bluemoon77 said:
SWP's back said:
19bluemoon77 said:
i am one of the many who as been given the showsec treatment,i am a st holder in section 109 at the back but for the birmingham game i took my 12 year old grandson and his 12 year old friend i bought 3 tickets on row 3 his mother and grandmother were sat in our seats at the rear the weather on the night was bad it had been raining most of the day so all the seats were wet as we arrived at our seats showsec stewards were telling some young men about 16 years of age to sit down the lads said all the seats are wet they were not being rude in any way but the showsec steward just told them to sit down wich they did,there were other people stoodin front and at both sides of us but they then told me to sit down and i refused this went on for 5mins or so another steward came over to back up his mate i tried to explaine i am 53 i am registerd disabled and not prepared to sit in the rain soaked seat for 2 hours i said get me a towel so i can wipe my seat and then i will sit down he said "it`s not my job" at this point i went to the toilets to calm down but on leaving the toilets i was met by 8 stewards and ejected i did not argue just left,i had to phone my wife in the stadium to go and get my grandson and his friend who by now had got wet pants because the showsec stewards had made them sit down,i have emailed the club 4 times not one reply and sent 3 letters 2 of them to peter flecther guess what no reply, we spend millions on players and like to show the world that we are the club from manchester for the real football fan but really are we? come on city lets get back to basics!! we may have a rich owner but he can walk away at any time and the club will still be here but without our loyal fans the club will die!!!!
You really expected showsec to get you towels to wipe your seats?
no i did not expect showsec to wipe my seat at the time i thought my request was as stupid as there request, all i was trying to do was to point out that other blues have sympathy with that gentleman who was assaulted on saturday and thats what it was assault!! and people like you just want to pick and ridicule other blues,there was empty seats at the back of the stand next to my wife and daughter and i asked if we could move and they refused due to health and safety we have to stay in our allocated seats,if everybody around us sat down then i would have done the same but they did not,it seems to me they target the more mature supporter than the young fit ones who could give them a slap!! my grandson says he dosnt want to go again and the young men who were bullied will they come back?if we carry on were will our next generation of fans come from?so instead of picking holes in what i say ask yourself why there was empty seats at the back? well because thousands had stayed at home to watch the soaps!! i have missed 12 matches in the last 10 years home and away and i love my club dearly but at the moment we are having a lovers tiff!!! do you think i will need my towel tonight? lol

No - I'm not hear to pick holes in stories. I'm hear giving my opinion on a subject. It's the way a forum works.

I have no idea why you asked permission to move to the back. Surely going to every game for 10 years, you know that you should have just moved to the back.

As for all the empty seats, 4 home games, 4 sell outs. I don't see your point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.