Trouble in the North Stand second tier vs United

Could have gone in the match day or atmosphere thread.

The Mibs met up in 7 Brothers, Ancoats Square.

Saw them when I went in for a drink.

They left together about 20 minutes after I arrived.

Shortly after they left GMP began following them.

As you can see from the picture, GMP hadn’t caught up with them at that point.

They were heading to the Townley again just like last season, but they went a different route last season and got close to the Townley before being stopped by GMP. They cut through the park, into the housing estate, came up the ginel and got close to the Townley before GMP piled in on them, and City started throwing bottles and pint pots full of beer at them. They then made their way back down the ginel, through the other side of the housing estate, and attacked City fans at the Corner Shop pub.

Apprently GMP boxed off all the roads and routes around the Townley to stop the Mibs getting to the Townley again. By the time I got to the South stand their numbers were down to a handful who had been boxed in by GMP opposite the South stand.

This isn’t my picture.

Manchester United lads on their way to the Etihad stadium this afternoon.(click to enlarge picture)

View attachment 109263
I wonder why all the gates on the estate were padlocked shut! Embarrassing stuff. Look at the state of them.

I wonder why all the gates on the estate were padlocked shut! Embarrassing stuff. Look at the state of them.

GMP had obviously learnt from their shit show last season after letting the Mibs get to the Townley and the Corner Shop.(through the park, the estate, and down the ginel)

Obviously the Mibs knew they wouldn't get to the Townley again the same way. They were never going to get to the Townley anyway. 50 Mibs walking or running to the Townley from Ancoats, no matter which way they went, were always going to get spotted by GMP.

They’ll say they turned up again at City. Made the effort. And won another moral derby day victory without any real fighting taking place.

Last edited:
Fuck me the one behind the front few looks about 12 he probably had to be in bed for 8 Sunday evening for school

There were quite a few youngish lads amongst them in 7 Brothers who wouldn’t have been up too much from the looks of them. Probably there for the ride and bouncing around at the back. But some of them did look hard and wouldn’t have thought twice about fighting City lads.

GMP had obviously learnt from their shit show last season after letting the Mibs get to the Townley and the Corner Shop.(through the park, the estate, and down the ginel)

Obviously the Mibs knew they wouldn't get to the Townley again the same way. They were never going to get to the Townley anyway. 50 Mibs walking or running to the Townley from Ancoats, no matter which way they went, where always going to get spotted by GMP.

They’ll say they turned up again at City. Made the effort. And won another moral derby day victory without any real fighting taking place.
If they'd got to The Townley this time it would not have ended well for them.

If they'd got to The Townley this time it would not have ended well for them.

I didn’t get to the Townley before the game. I take it GMP were all over it after last season?

I’m just glad City didn’t turn up at 7 Brothers. There was a Makers Market on in Ancoats Square with loads of people having a nice time. It would have been a right shit show if it had kicked off there. There were quite a few City FOC’s drinking in and around Ancoats Square, but the Mibs weren’t interested in them. They headed straight through Ancoats towards the Etihad and the Townley. I don’t know how far most of the Mibs got before being stopped by GMP.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.