Trouble in the North Stand second tier vs United

That’s why I won’t sit in away end anymore, it’s “the try to feign a modicum of happiness” that I struggle with, sucks all the enjoyment out of watching the game.
Yeah. Old Trafford was particularly grim. It was the season we got no tickets, Scholes scored with header early on. Quinn missed a sitter late on. “Ooh that was close”

Anyone wearing an half and half scarf is asking for trouble
South stand L3 in the derby game where we were 2-0 up at half time but lost 2-3. I spotted three Chinese looking lads walking past me to their seats wearing half n half's and all carrying Rag carrier bags of merch from their store. To my knowledge they weren't touched. Probably because they looked like what they were, tourists.

We went to Flamengo v Vasco da Gama last year in Rio, which is quite a tasty derby, where they often have trouble between fans. They have the areas behind each goal which are for the Ultras, but the stand along the pitch side was mixed. You had people from the same families supporting different teams sat next to each other.
By far the strangest I saw was the Millonarios v Santa Fé Derby in Bogotá about 20 years ago. Proper old-school running-track stadium was El Campín at the time, like Stamford Bridge without the invalid carriages. Totally mixed in the upper rows of the long side where we sat. Still, there was plenty of worse stuff going on in Bogotá 20 years ago to worry about than a bit of inter-fan brouhaha - as I recall there was a minute’s silence half-way through the first half for 30-odd bomb victims from earlier that weekend - they just stopped the game. Had rowdier days out at Gigg Lane. No-one gave me any gip for being a non-partisan, non-committed watcher. But Santa Fé were founded by an Englishman, and played in Arsenal shirts, so couldn’t raise a clap for anything they did.

Guy next to me in 105 paid £400 for his ticket.

That seat was a season ticket seat for about 10 years. The club have refused to let a bloke a bit further along the row buy it for his son who is desperate for his first season ticket.

It's the club who are the biggest touts not individual fans.
And that about to become a bigger problem once the Ticket Compliance Manager has sorted out us plebs and made it 100% club run!

Sadly for some reason it’s part and parcel of football around the world , try wearing an Ajax shirt in the Feyenoord end , or an Inter shirt in the AC Milan end , the list is endless. I’d imagine the only ground where you wouldn’t be threatened is Barcelona who are a Disney franchise not a football club and have a fan base that’s seventy percent tourist . Having been in more home ends than I can remember including Trafford , Leeds, both scouse teams , Arsenal and Spurs you know keeping your mouth shut is rule number one .
I’m not having it that people who follow football from overseas don’t know about tribalism in football.
I think they know there’s some level of tribalism, just not that it carries a death or maiming sentence with it.

We can believe what we want, but we can assume normal people wouldn’t jump up to celebrate an away goal in the home end knowing they were going to get a beating, can’t we???

To each their own, but when you’re not marinated in football from an early age, and didn’t gain your street wisdom the hard way, and then buy an expensive secondary market ticket to see a big game, but cheer at the wrong time, what should the “penalty” be?

Does City do anything to push tourists to less popular games? I consider myself a decent City fan - as foreigners go - and I’d be just as happy to see City play Luton as a top 6 clash if the club made it easy for me. (In fact it may be better for me as I would actually sink in the atmosphere and not be a nervous wreck…). Maybe promote it for out of town supporters and do some special events? I feel strongly the most loyal fans should be at the big games - it’s important for the players to have that support.

South stand L3 in the derby game where we were 2-0 up at half time but lost 2-3. I spotted three Chinese looking lads walking past me to their seats wearing half n half's and all carrying Rag carrier bags of merch from their store. To my knowledge they weren't touched. Probably because they looked like what they were, tourists.
I was at the City Store a few years back and a coach turned up. Off jump about 30 S.E. Asian tourists, some wearing Utd gear!!! I’m thinking it’s bizarre and say something to the girls working in the store. They said it happens all the time! Sometimes the tour bus stops here first then goes to OT, sometimes OT first then comes here! Just tourists being tourists and grabbing their souvenirs!! Sometimes that includes catching a game!

I’d be all for half time entertainment of throwing all those wearing half n half scarves off the top of the Colin Bell Stand roof to be fair. Anything is better than listening to the current half time incumbents.

We went to Flamengo v Vasco da Gama last year in Rio, which is quite a tasty derby, where they often have trouble between fans. They have the areas behind each goal which are for the Ultras, but the stand along the pitch side was mixed. You had people from the same families supporting different teams sat next to each other.
Wow just like the merseyside derbies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.