Trouble in the North Stand second tier vs United

Does City do anything to push tourists to less popular games? I consider myself a decent City fan - as foreigners go - and I’d be just as happy to see City play Luton as a top 6 clash if the club made it easy for me. (In fact it may be better for me as I would actually sink in the atmosphere and not be a nervous wreck…). Maybe promote it for out of town supporters and do some special events? I feel strongly the most loyal fans should be at the big games - it’s important for the players to have that support.

I’ve noticed a definite increase in touristy types round my block at pretty much all games this season.

Obviously for the big games there’s more. But I’ve seen loads of Chinese and Middle Eastern types at even the lowest key games.

I haven’t a problem with it to be honest.

I had one sat next to me at some cup game, as my next door neighbour isn’t on the cup schemes. He was going absolutely mental when we scored. Giving me hugs and everything. He even came back from the shop at half time with a nice slice of cake and offered me a bite. Who ever knew they served cake with the Bovril and Smax these days?

I’d be all for half time entertainment of throwing all those wearing half n half scarves off the top of the Colin Bell Stand roof to be fair. Anything is better than listening to the current half time incumbents.
As long as there's still time for the half time lecture on discrimination and the dangers of smoking I'm OK with that.

I’ve noticed a definite increase in touristy types round my block at pretty much all games this season.

Obviously for the big games there’s more. But I’ve seen loads of Chinese and Middle Eastern types at even the lowest key games.

I had one sat next to me at some cup game, as my next door neighbour isn’t on the cup schemes. He was going absolutely mental when we scored. Giving me hugs and everything. He even came back from the shop at half time with a nice slice of cake and offered me a bite. Who ever knew they served cake with the Bovril and Smax these days?

Two Chinese lads in front of us in 109 on Sunday, one with his new bob hat on price tag attached :-) tried to give him a bit on a nudge but he didn't catch on.

How the fuck does even a kid get through security wearing a rag shirt in the wrong end. Good to know that the wand wavers are so alert. Wonder how many pyros Copenhagen will manage to get into the ground tomorrow and the GMP will do nothing.
I'm straightening this out, she wasn't wearing a rag shirt. It was a river plate away shirt, I stand on row 3 in 115 and had a clear view of them, the red caught my eye but it was 100% a river shirt.

Here are @jrb photo, just zoom in and look Screenshot_20240305-192023.jpgScreenshot_20240305-192036.jpg

Yep look no further than the club when asking how tickets fall into the hands of non-Blues. The £400 tickets with an off site meal were on sale right up until the week before on the club ticketing site. I’m sure you don’t need any match attending history to buy them, so basically anyone can buy them if they’re willing to fork out that kind of money.

Someone in 315 got absolutely leathered when he celebrated against Liverpool. Blood spilt all over the steps. I’m sure those who were punching him didn’t stop to ask his nationality.

This won’t be the last time we see this I’m afraid and the club have to take a lot of the responsibility as they are willing to turn a blind eye to the risks that go with the practice of selling these tickets for inflated prices. Not only that but as someone else has said I’m sure they are complicit in the situation where tickets end up on the touting sites.

It’s also pretty clear they’d happily see a loyal match going Blue replaced by a tourist who has paid five times the average ticket price, it’s the reason we’ve seen the suspension of new season tickets and before that the introduction of Silvers. It’s a really really sad state of affairs, but it isn’t going to change.
That incident ref Liverpool nobody got arrested nobody got a token match ban. I went for a piss just after that and the scousers were behind the stand still with a few stewards and coppers, I asked the copper why the scouser hadn’t been arrested for entering the City part of the ground, copper tells me tofu k off and if anyone is getting arrested it would be the city fan who sold him the ticket. Raises the reason no action ever followed despite CCTV having recorded this incident good chance the club investigation led the sale back to themselves so the trusted Scouse police policy of see no hear no but only speak evil May have been applied

Trouble at Rugby League is common and Cardiff is absolute carnage for Six Nations. People get slaughtered before, during and after. I’ve also seen significant disorder at boxing.

Football is so big now that it’s our club against everyone else both on the pitch and off it. Dippers coming in the home end causing provocation can fuck off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.